Triple Rectifier Volume Drop on Clean

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Rocket

Reaction score
I noticed that my volume dropped out on my clean channel after about five minutes of playing. The highs seemed to cut out also. Any help?

Welcome to The Board, and sorry to hear your troubles.

How's the other channels, volumes OK there? Are you using the FX Loop? Hard Bypass it to help troubleshoot.

How's your cables? Have you tried a different guitar? How old are the tubes? Are you going straight into the amp, or is there pedals out front?

There are a lot of variables so try the simple things first like cables and dirty jacks. Plug the guitar straight into the amp, FX loop Hard Bypassed. Try to tell us how you are running the amp (bold/spongy, tube recto/SS diode etc.) to help troubleshoot.

Dom

EBMM JP straight into the amp. Using a brand new (two day old) Planet Waves cable. The other channel is fine. No drops at all. This is an older two channel Triple Rec. I was thinking tubes, but with no drop on the other channel I figured I would ask.

As far as the amp settings (bold,spongy,etc) I have to wait to get home from work to check that out.

I used to burn out the tube in the loop on my 2 channel amp all the time. Im not sure what number it was. Make sure you dont have the loop set on the clean channel, check the switch on the back. Bypass and try it. If it was power tubes both channels would give problems.

Latest posts

Back