Triple Rectifier/MXR 31 Band EQ/Godsmack

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudenamedfred

Reaction score
I have heard that the dude in Godsmack uses a Triple Rectifier with an MXR 31 band eq. I am looking for information on how he uses the EQ with this amp. Is it used before the input, in the loop, or is it used in some other way. Also what settings on the EQ are used as well as how the amp's tone controls are set when using an EQ.
Any related information on using an EQ with the Triple Rectifier would be appreciated. I would love to find some exact info on the Godsmack set-up. Thanks!

Check this link out http://guitargeek.com/rigview/369/. I think is has a list of the stuff he uses.

godsmacktony20001vz.gif

I can't comment on Godsmack but I don't believe a 31 band EQ is necessary for a guitar rig. I use an MXR 10 band EQ in the loop of my TriAxis and it works great. I tried it both in front of the amp, and in the loop, and I find it far more useful in the loop.

t0aj15 said:
I can't comment on Godsmack but I don't believe a 31 band EQ is necessary for a guitar rig. I use an MXR 10 band EQ in the loop of my TriAxis and it works great. I tried it both in front of the amp, and in the loop, and I find it far more useful in the loop.
I am familiar with this page and the site. I am looking for specifics of his set-up. Also the Triple Rectifier has a paralell effects loop which makes using this loop very different than most loops. Thanks for the reply! :D

I once read his tech would assign the effects loop on without effects, and crank the mix level to achieve more gain.

Latest posts

Back