Triple Rec FX loop inoperative--

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micah

Reaction score
I have a question for you guys/girls--When I tap the FX switch on the footswitch I dont get a light and nothing changes sound-wise. The rotory switch on the back of the amp is switched to FT Switch and Ive tried this with both something wired in the loop and nothing wired in the loop (even once I tried it with just a straight patch cable in the loop to eliminate the pedal as a problem). I read the Mesa 3 Channel Triple Rec Manual and it hasnt answered this for me. Im not sure if Im doing anything wrong here or if there is a problem with my amp. Anyone have any ideas? :?: :?:

So the channel footswitch is set to F/X Loop, and the rotary switch is assigned to Loop On, and nothing? Can you try assigning the loop for only one of the channels? Or, if you had some type of latching device, you could access the external switches to see if/why the loop is/is not activating!

jbird said:
So the channel footswitch is set to F/X Loop, and the rotary switch is assigned to Loop On, and nothing? Can you try assigning the loop for only one of the channels? Or, if you had some type of latching device, you could access the external switches to see if/why the loop is/is not activating!

I know that the loop will work if I assign it manually but I havent been able to get it to work from the Midi switch. I havent been able to try it with a regular single throw footswitch because I dont have one. Also the loop isnt assigned to "On" but to "Ft Switch". Ive owned the amp for over 2 years now and havent been able to get this to work ever so I wonder if Im doing something wrong to make this work??

If the rotary Loop Assign is on Footswitch, then it's looking for the external switching device to engage it! I believe the Loop Assign would need to be set at Loop On! :idea:

Latest posts

Back