Anyone know how to gate ONLY Ch2, without affecting Ch1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chalky336

Reaction score
Hello

I use Fat and MkIV modes on my V25, and use the switch to select either. I am finding the MkIV mode gets noisy in certain environments (stage lights etc) ... so I tried a noise gate in the FX loop. Problem is, the setting on the NG required to tame the dirty channel is too invasive for the clean channel - it lops off the tail of the note too early, and preferably I don't want to have to do a tap dance every time I change the channel.

I know there are gates available that incorporate FX Loop in the pedal and that is fine you derive your dirt from another pedal, but I want to use the dirt from the amp.

Soooooooo, is it possible to use a Noise gate on Mesa dirty channel without it affecting the clean channel?

The only way know of would be to use a midi switcher to bring the pedal in and out when you need it.

Chalky336 said:
Hello

I use Fat and MkIV modes on my V25, and use the switch to select either. I am finding the MkIV mode gets noisy in certain environments (stage lights etc) ... so I tried a noise gate in the FX loop. Problem is, the setting on the NG required to tame the dirty channel is too invasive for the clean channel - it lops off the tail of the note too early, and preferably I don't want to have to do a tap dance every time I change the channel.

I know there are gates available that incorporate FX Loop in the pedal and that is fine you derive your dirt from another pedal, but I want to use the dirt from the amp.

Soooooooo, is it possible to use a Noise gate on Mesa dirty channel without it affecting the clean channel?

How about some power conditioner? (Furman or something..)

Not that I know of on the 25, one of the reasons I went to the 90.

You can put your preamp in the noise gate’s loop using your FX loop on the amp, that’s how I used to use an ISP Decimator II G-string. Worked great to kill the high gain noise with hardly any effect on the clean channel.

Dom

Back