Triple Rec Effects Loop Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohaire

Reaction score
Normally I can find whatever I need help with through the search, but not having any luck this time.

I have a 3 Channel Triple Rec and recently my effects loop won't switch off via the footswitch.

I only use a delay and chorus for a few songs through my loop, and i like to be able to just pop the one button when i need both effects. But when i hit the switch off, the effects still stay engaged. I'm not sure when it started, but i know it used to work! My last band i was singing and not playing, but now i do both and this issue just seems to have appeared

I've swapped out the V4 tube to see if it was a tube issue, but no dice.

I have no issues with solo boost or any of my channels switching. Just the loop.

Any ideas before I end up taking it to a tech?

Thanks much

I think someone forgot to set the pot to footswitch...

Ohaire said:
It's set to footswitch. That's the first thing I checked

If you set the loop to CH1 with that selector, does the loop switch off for CH2 & 3? Repeat with selecting Ch's 2 & 3 to confirm that the un-selected channels are off, that should prove the amp is OK.

This might just be a bad footswitch cable. Are you using the original cable? How many pins does the cable's connector have?

Dom

I will try the manual switching and see what happens.

It's the original cable, it's pretty kinked up though. I will try swapping that with the other guitar players and see what happens as well since he also has a triple rec.

Thanks for input!

I just realized I never replied to this.

My cable was bad. I swapped his into mine and everything worked perfectly.

Thanks all for input

Latest posts

Back