Triaxis problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmtnt

Reaction score
Lately my triaxis has been acting weird. Sometimes when I first fire up the rack, I hit my lead patch (which uses LD2 yellow) and it's got half the volume it should. Power off the Triaxis and then back on and the problem is gone. It's done it 3 times in the last week.

Anyone else have this problem before? Any suggestions? Tubes are a mix of JJ's, Shuguang, and Tung-Sol but are all pretty new.

You are going to have start troubleshooting with the easiest things....cables,power cords, settings, loose tubes, dirty jacks,switches, etc. Start by pluggin your guitar into the power amp using the same cord throughout testing and then work your way to the TA input and try one side at a time on the output. Turn the FX loop off during the testing so you don't add any unneccesary things to troubleshoot until everything tests out ok. Be as thorough as you can be with the testing by trying one thing at time.

Good luck.

Greg

Mine did the same thing yesterday, my lead 2 modes were weak after about 10 minutes of playing. I switch the tubes around and it has been fine since.

Same problem as mine..I'll let you guys know the problem in 2-3weeks time when mesa return my triaxis back to me..

Wow Triodal, it sounds like we have the 2 exact problems with our Triaxis'. I remember you telling me about your Led 1 red problem and now this. Please let me know what they charge you and the problem, it sounds like it is exactly what mine is doing. I am going to send it to Mesa next week. Thanks

Mark

ytse_jam said:
are sure it is the triaxis causing the problem and not the poweramp?

This is worth checking out....I had a problem with volume "swelling" where my rig would be low and than get loud. I found the problem to be with my 2:90 and that if I flicked the "Line In/Instrument In" on the back of the 2:90 back and forth it would clear up. Sorta like running a fader up and down on a mixing board to get rid of the crackling.

Peace!
conga

Got an email from mesa a while ago,they already fixed the problem!

They found a ribbon cable inserted around the wrong way, replaced some capacitors on the mode switching circuit, replaced an IC and recalibrated the unit.

So now im waiting for the arrival and test it out.. :)

Thanks for the update, did you ask them to do a complete work up on it, or you just told them the problems and they did all the recalibrating, replacing on there own? Good deal, I hope mine works out like that.

i only told them the problem.They did the rest!The triaxis is in excellent shape when i first got it..I think its about 5plus yr old TA.You can call them and talk to Richard Duvall..Or fax..

I just got mine back, same things were wrong, replaced 2 capacitors for the switching and now my Lead 1 red works great, along with everything else. I got the warranty info together so it didn't cost anything!! I can hear all the differences between the modes now, before they all sounded almost the same. Can't wait to crank up the volume tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back