triaxis lead 2 problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbrett

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I used to own a triaxis several years ago and recently acquired another one. All of the modes in lead 2 are seriously lacking gain--they don't even get as dirty as the rhythm green and yellow channels. I've switched out the tube in V4 (actually in all modes), no use. Any other ideas?

Actually I probably should have clarified a few things. All the other modes work just fine. Both rhythm modes and all 3 lead 1 modes. Just Lead 2 that is giving the problems. I've swapped all the preamp tubes with a set from my usual gigging amp, so I know they are working. Still have the same issue. Is there anything in particular that might have come loose during shipping that I can check?

I could really see anything on the board that looked broken, disconnected, or anything like that. Looks like I'll be calling petaluma today. Does anyone have any idea what a typical triaxis repair costs?

Well, I called Mesa and aside from the tube changes they recommend I clean the ribbon cables/connectors. I have a feeling it's probably the LDR's for Lead 2 though (I think LDR6 and LDR10 control the input and output gain). Looks like it will probably be off to Mesa--$75 bench time, $100 an hour, 3 week turnaround, how disappointing.

Sucks man. Atleast you will have the piece of mind it will come back working as new. LDR's are nice but they sure do fail quicker then relays(i had 2 go out on me so far).

Greg

HI, i've the same problem with lead 2. All the 3 mode Lead 2 are darker and with lacking gain. Changin' the tubes can solve something? The tri was send to me last week from a specialized tech and i don't remember it so flubby and so vintage oriented tone in lead 2 (specially in lead 2 red). :evil: :evil:

any comments or suggest will be appreciated

anto

Latest posts

Back