Triaxis: Difference between Lead Modes / Version

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasogi

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a used Triaxis and I wonder if everthing is alright with it - please help me:

a) The triaxis I got is has got the serial number T1064 and no additional board on the inside. When I switch on the triaxis it flashes "2.0" in each display - so I suppose it is software version 2.0. but does not have the recto board. Am I right / can the version 2.0 work correctly without the recto board?

b) I only hear slight differences between Lead Mode 1 Yellow vs. Green an Lead Mode 2 Yellow vs. Green. To be honest, I am not quite sure if there is a difference between Lead Mode 2 Yellow vs. Green at all. Is this the same with your Triaxis or is there something wrong with mine?

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Kasogi

I don't know about question A but as far as question B there is maybe a faint difference between LD2 Green and Yellow. You'd really have to A/B the two modes to hear the difference.

+Mike+

Yes, you can have V2 work with any version of the daughterboard (Boogie searing lead and recto;phat or non phat). You can call Mesa and ask if they can look up your serial to see if it has the recto board installed.

Read the manual for a description of the modes in detail.

phantomlord2oo said:
I don't know about question A but as far as question B there is maybe a faint difference between LD2 Green and Yellow. You'd really have to A/B the two modes to hear the difference.

+Mike+

really?
LD2 green is more saturated, giving it more of a wet sound and the
LD2 yellow is less saturated giving it a drier sound. the LD1 red should be your recto setting, if in fact you have a version 2.

Great way to describe the differances between LD1 & LD2...spot on!
I have had my TriAxis for awhile but something tells me that vers2 doesnt nessesarally mean it has the Recto mode in LD1
I have seen post in here that better describe the way to tell by serial number...just cant remember where I seen that.
Anyone else know ?

oops sorry to be dissappointed with arigato gozaimas :) but I´m not totally sure that it is a great idea to combine the eprom 2.0 with an oldest triaxis version without the recto board.
as far as i know the recto board is the classical little pcb just near and over the five preamp tubes, so this recto board could be phat or not phat mod, but it is always with the recto board.
All triaxis 2.0 becomes with the recto board, but not all the ver 1.0 becomes with that board. As I could imagine I think that a ver 2.0 upgrade needs also a recto board upgrade for the next issue:
as ver 2.0 becomes with all new triaxis arranged with the recto board, inside the eprom there are some instructions that manage the all 8 modes, so if that instructions reference to the optos that are on the recto board how could the triaxis execute that instructions if there isn´t the recto board????
So in my point of view you will maybe need the original ver 1.0 eprom. the ver 2.0 is not anything special to need it. Even dinosaurs extincts with or without you get the ver 1 or 2.
Also ask to kris dilbreck on mesa boogie crew he is a marvelous man.

Latest posts

Back