Triaxis + 2:90 Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedrik Menard

Reaction score
Hi there! I got my Triaxis yesterday and its an awesome piece of gear!! But some details leave me wondering. . . Fist, I hooked up the Triaxis to switch the modes on the 2:90 and it does the trick pretty well. But, when I turn my rig on I start with the pre then the power and when I come to turn the standby switch to on, the mode and switch light light up randomly on the Triaxis. How come? Second question: The master volume knob on the triaxis has a weird range. Mine has no effect from 0 to 1.5 then ramps up about 75% from 1.5 to 4 and then about 25% from 4 to 7 and finally has no effect up to 10. my unit is brand spankin new soI cant figure out why its acting like this.

Thanx alot for your great support!

About the volume knob on the TA, mine is very similar. I just keep at 4 for both knobs, and thats it. I mainly control the volume via the 2:90

Cedrik Menard said:
Second question: The master volume knob on the triaxis has a weird range. Mine has no effect from 0 to 1.5 then ramps up about 75% from 1.5 to 4 and then about 25% from 4 to 7 and finally has no effect up to 10. my unit is brand spankin new soI cant figure out why its acting like this.

Thanx alot for your great support!

i think that's because of the taper pots have. the farther you go on the dial, the less of an effect you hear

I would agree with the other guys that your output pots would be working fine as thats exactly how mine work. I'm not so sure about the intermittent LED's though as that definitely DOES NOT happen with mine - they are on steady (if selected) as soon as the Triaxis is powered up.

I measured the pots on the Triaxis AND the 2:90 and they are linear taper. Don't know why Mesa would do this as it is difficult to "dial-in" the sweet spot volume wise. I set the Tri at 12:00 and also use the 2:90 for volume. The 2:90 pots are too sensitive as well. I ended up rewiring the volume pots on the 2:90 so that the input to the pot is on the wiper and ground and output are at the opposite terminal ends of the pot. This has helped alot. The Triaxis is too cluttered internally to do this mod and the 2:90 has more working room for a soldering iron. I was going to replace the 2:90 pots with audio taper but the mod I made has served the purpose.

Latest posts

Back