triaxis + 2:90 and rack gear pic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really prefer line 6 stuff !

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Beautiful pic :shock: :twisted:

18&Life said:
I really prefer line 6 stuff !

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Beautiful pic :shock: :twisted:

Ya know. I have heard two very distinct statements on line 6. I have never used a pod to any extent that i would be able to give an opinion on it (or any line 6 stuff) but I hear people like yourself that love line 6 gear and other people that say line 6 gear changes your whole tone to the point of being only line 6. in other words your amp tone is no longer very distinctive. The zoom (and the comp above it) are not wried up at all actualy. they just keep the rack space warm... the zoom I have had since something like 10 years or more but when i tried to integrate it into the rack it was like a stubborn child that refused to play well with the other kids. I ended up just kicking it off the playground entirely. I am still in the stage of trying to get all the gear in harmony to find some sounds that I like so still too early to tell but the zoom will not be in the chain.

thanks... I used to be a photographer :p

Looks great and so does the picture.

I just bought a Digitech GSP1101 to integrate with my TA and 50/50. I don't use effects very often so the GSP will be used like a G System (4 cable method utilizing Wah and OD in the GSP).

I assume the TA is new? If so I really don't like what Mesa did with LD1Red compared to the two recto versions. I sold the new TA almost as soon as I got it because I thought it sounded terrible compared to my others.

Greg

disassembled said:
Looks great and so does the picture.

I just bought a Digitech GSP1101 to integrate with my TA and 50/50. I don't use effects very often so the GSP will be used like a G System (4 cable method utilizing Wah and OD in the GSP).

I assume the TA is new? If so I really don't like what Mesa did with LD1Red compared to the two recto versions. I sold the new TA almost as soon as I got it because I thought it sounded terrible compared to my others.

Greg

The guts are new. I had some problems with the 2:90 and triaxis and the repair shop couldn't figure out what was wrong. I sent it back to the shop on about three or four occasions and they finaly gave up and called and said something like "we dont know what the problem is but we will replace the insides of both with new hardware" so only the box case is old. its my first triaxis (my first boogie actually) so I cant give a comparison.

I was at the store last week trying a few stomp boxes in front of a triaxis 1 and i really felt that the unit i was playing into had a much better sound. the power seemed to be there only difference was that the power section was a 2:100 rec and a 1x12 (unknown maker) cab. might have just been becuase I could let it breath a bit more at the shop (turn it up) than I can at home..

I know Ishibashi has a used TA in stock. Did you happen to play that one? If so you might be playing a Recto board version TA. The rest of the channels are all the same so if it sounds different it's probably from the poweramp/speakers. I owned 2 290 power amps in the past and they are just too much for what I do. I went to the TA, 50/50, and thiele cabs to down size without sacrificing tone.

The TA is my second piece of boogie gear and my first was a 20/20 power amp.

Are you using Japanese spec equipment (ie 100v)? I use all US spec equipment and just run external voltage converters.

Greg

Boof - do you mind listing some of the gear in there? Specifically, what's that above the rack wah? I am waiting to get my TA back from Mesa. I just got my 2:90 back yesterday. I bought a used setup, it had issues, I took it to a local Mesa authorized repair person who jacked it up ever more....

What pedalboard is that?

Edit: Nevermind. Rocktron All Access quite obviously.

DaxNelson said:
Boof - do you mind listing some of the gear in there? Specifically, what's that above the rack wah? I am waiting to get my TA back from Mesa. I just got my 2:90 back yesterday. I bought a used setup, it had issues, I took it to a local Mesa authorized repair person who jacked it up ever more....

Dax,

Almost everything in there is used as well. no way i was going to fork out the cash for new on most of that stuff. here is the list

left rack

Furman Rack rider it does what it does and doesnt complain

Korg dtr-1 tuner solid and on target tuner.

rexer vxr800d wireless this is crap. bought it used really cheap. now i
know why. I don't need a wireless by any means I just picked it up used
because it was so cheap. when i bought it half the screws holding the
frame together were gone. the receiver still has that scratch scratch
scratch to it whenever i move the cable and that was after cleaning the
jack. you get what you pay for...

Dunlop Cry Baby DCR-1SR (love it best thing in the rack i bought)
They dont make these any more but I found one on auction and picked it
up. they seem to hold thier value so I am pretty sure I can get what I paid
for it if I sell it again but I really do love this thing and I dont see that
happening any time soon. this is first in line in the signal path after the
wireless

Beringer mdx2600 compressor/gate *not hooked up

Zoom 9050 *not hooked up takes the tone out of everything else. But
having it sit on my desk running it into my computer and out to the
speakers its a cute little box for playing around. i do like the "step" effect
they have. very much like a zvex ohh wah.

2 U drawer - cables, knife, strings, leatherman charge, screwdriver,
hammer

Right rack
Furman Rack Rider

Beringer mdx 2600 comp/gate (i don't really like it so much. I only use on
channel and run it via the f/x loop on the TA and use it as additional noise
gate when using high gain on the TA so i can punch it in and out when
trying to use it as a noise gate before the TA it dulls the tone a bit take out
some of the high end and it also has this little hum to the signal even when
it isn't on. I'm not very impressed with beringer. I thoguht it was the unit
itself but I have two of them and both have the same response when i put
it in front of the pre amp. anyone have suggestions for a good
comp/gate? rack or stomp? DBX 160A? 1066? keeley? the comp might go
away all together. the TA and 2:90 with the PRS running clean does feel
already "compressed" many people have said that before and i tend to
read those comments nodding my head in agreement.

samson s curve 215 - its ok not really all that great for guitar sometimes I
put it into the TA fx loop and punch it in and out to give a better crunch or
whatever. today it sits after the pre amp out into the g force and that in
turn goes into the 2:90

Rocktron HUSH II XC - crackle crackle crackle when turning that
threshold. this is the last in line before the signal goes into the TA. works
fairly well for a noise gate though. only using one channel. This was also
picked up cheap used on yahoo auction.

TC G-Force - you know you are over your head when you buy something
and at first you think it sucks because you cant do much with it. Then you
learn that yes.... YOU cant do much with it because you have no idea what
you are doing. then you actualy read the manual and start to play around
with it and all the modifiers and you start to figure out that it is really a
pretty cool item to have if you want an all in one effects unit but you do
have to play for hours on end to get a feel for what it can do.

Some chepo pramp. :p

a big black box that upsets the people next door

Rocktron all access - very cool. got it used at a good price. this was
another one of those items i would never have bought at new list prices.
there are many other foot controllers out there that still do twice as much
as I am using this controller for. ground control anyone? now I just need
to learn how to program it outside of just latching.

two THD 8 ohm hotplates. not in the picture to help keep the police at bay.
I read people saying that at -12 db its still pretty loud..... and I thought
well this goes to -16 db and on but now I know why people kept
referencing -12db. after that, -16 and beyond the tone does indeed go hell
in a hand basket very quickly. this kinda brings me to tube saturation. but
ill put that in another thread.

Boss FV-500-L well.... I dunno. I got it because it specifically had an
expression out jack on it. but it never really worked right. ended up using
a Y cable to the in and outputs. Im thinking to replace it with a couple EB
6166 or eb 6180 just to spite the boss.... that is todays goal at the guitar
store.

disassembled said:
I know Ishibashi has a used TA in stock. Did you happen to play that one? If so you might be playing a Recto board version TA. The rest of the channels are all the same so if it sounds different it's probably from the poweramp/speakers. I owned 2 290 power amps in the past and they are just too much for what I do. I went to the TA, 50/50, and thiele cabs to down size without sacrificing tone.

Are you using Japanese spec equipment (ie 100v)? I use all US spec equipment and just run external voltage converters.

Greg

ishibashi in ochanomizu? no not there but i know the TA you are talking about there. I was referring to Shibuya Ikebe downstairs. they have a couple TAs there a used TA1 and a new TA2. Ikebe is good for hard to find or high end stuff.

boof said:
disassembled said:

Greg

ishibashi in ochanomizu? no not there but i know the TA you are talking about there. I was referring to Shibuya Ikebe downstairs. they have a couple TAs there a used TA1 and a new TA2. Ikebe is good for hard to find or high end stuff.

I have to find that place then!!! I also need to unload a Roadking head and Mesa 212 Mark series halfback cab. Hmm. I might PM you on where the store is.

Greg

classic pro 8U rack
http://www.soundhouse.co.jp/shop/ProductDetail.asp?Item=233%5ECPC08W%5E%5E

Latest posts

Back