Tremoverb Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rush

Reaction score
I recently purchased a brand new TVerb the previous owner had bougth as a backup and never used. It's the model with the chicken head type knobs. I have a couple of questions about it.

1) Is there any way to get rid of the pop during channel switches?

Currently I run the amp dry, and have an MPX-1 being fed from the fx send/slave out and then into a pair of powered monitors for wet stereo fx. My problem with the pops are that if I'm using a delay or similar effect then the pop gets delayed as well and sounds terrible. I NEED to get this fixed, so if anyone knows what the course of action is I would appreciate hearing it!

2) Is there any mod to allow for channel mode switches either via MIDI or footswitch?

Thanks!

Rush said:

I NEED to get this fixed, so if anyone knows what the course of action is I would appreciate hearing it!
Thanks!

Popping sound from footswitch between channel? :?

I never experience that with my ToV. Uh, try another footswitch, perhaps the mechanism on the footswitch has a problem. If not the relay inside the amp has problems. You should not experience an obnoxious pop. There's obviously something is wrong.

RR said:
Rush said:

I NEED to get this fixed, so if anyone knows what the course of action is I would appreciate hearing it!
Thanks!

Popping sound from footswitch between channel? :?

I never experience that with my ToV. Uh, try another footswitch, perhaps the mechanism on the footswitch has a problem. If not the relay inside the amp has problems. You should not experience an obnoxious pop. There's obviously something is wrong.

It's not the footswitch that is the problem, it's a loud pop when switching from channel to channel. It really only occurs when the channel being switched from is in the higher gain mode and the destination channel isn't. I'm figuring this switching noise is amplified naturally because of the high gain.

I read somewhere that this problem was fixed on the Rectoverb by changing something that made the channel fade in, and I can minimize the effect if I am not playing very loud.

Hmmm high gain :S try the presence knob see if that has an effect on it.
It's the model with the chicken head type knobs
LOL first time ive herd it called that, i have the pointed knobs as well, what year modle is yours mines a 96????? Is it a combo or a head. This topic has been in other posts and we never really got to teh bottom of it, what year modle is yours????

I read somewhere that this problem was fixed on the Rectoverb by changing something that made the channel fade in, and I can minimize the effect if I am not playing very loud.

Believe me when I say, the "channel fade in" sucks. I hated it so much that I sold my Rectoverb. I love everything else about the Rectoverb... best amp I've ever owned.... but that "new feature" was so terrible to me that I HAD to get rid of the amp.

I guess the "fade in" wouldn't matter if you didn't have to switch channels in the middle of the song... from say: verse to chorus.... but unfortunately, I do switch back and forth a lot during a song... so that split second fade-in to me, is unacceptable.

Some people can get rid of the pop by clicking the switches several times... till the pop goes away.

Mesa's response to my inquiry about the "fade-in" was very "I know you're calling about the channel switching"... and he was very kurt. He said immediately... "It's just the way it's made. period"... "so there's no way I can..." "No. No way to change it." "Not even if I take it to an amp tech who can..." "NO. It's just the way it's built." "ok...... thanks."

I personally think that their explaination of it being a "feature" is a complete COP-OUT. I don't doubt Mesa's quality... but other amp companies have got the channel switching problem down... so why can't they? My Rectoverb had soooo much gain, but was also the most NOISELESS tubed amp I've owned... that alone shows the super quality of their amps... so it boggles my mind that they would let something like that slip... or rather settle for it in their R&D.

Latest posts

Back