Tremoverb ? On getting it to sound tight and right.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VHT ultra lead and krank are about as close to a solid state amp sound you can get. Yes they are all tube, but if you ask me they just sound very solid statish to me. Maybe that is just the sound you prefer, you wouldnt be the first the played metal that likes that. Dimebag loved it too and there are many others.

Recto's do have a saggy bottem that can be controlled, they will never be as tight as a ultra, but they just sound more natural and more tube like which i prefer.

kham said:
Matterra said:
Yikes..

Have you ever played a Krank head?
They are horribly sterile and lifeless.
If you want to sound like you are running a Solid State amp, don't waste your money on a Krank, buy a Solid State amp.

Yes i have and have been down to Krank great company and no the amps arent lifeless and sterile to me any way. People say the same thing about my VHT that they are dry and dull sounding but when people hear me play they want to know what iam useing.
To me Mesa has never been anything but Buzzy and Muddy and the Lowend on all the Amps are no where as Close to being Tight as my VHT.

Now i have Owned a bunch of Mesa
Mark IV
Mesa Dc 5 which i still own
Dual Rect
Trem O verb
Triple Rect

Latest posts

Back