Tremoverb at medium to lower volumes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonchie

Reaction score
How do they sound. I'm selling my Jubilee (just not versitale enough) and I usually run it about 40-50% on stage. Hows the TOV sound from that level down to practice levels? Is it one of those amps you have to turn up past 12 olcock to sound good and sustain?

Don't have a mesa dealer (and they are outa production anyway) to try one out. If someone has opinions or clips, that would be great.

My Tremoverb sounds great at low volumes, better than my Mark III did. Of course being a tube amp, it will get better at louder volumes.

I am glad you are enjoying the tremoverb, i kinda miss that amp. I might get one again in the future, who knows.

Todd

Kiss My Axe said:
My Tremoverb sounds great at low volumes, better than my Mark III did. Of course being a tube amp, it will get better at louder volumes.

I think that the modern high gain channel gets less fizzy as you turn up, and the Blues channel does sound better when the power tubes are being pushed a bit. The clean channel and the vintage gain channel don't need to be that loud.

I ended up getting my TOV power scaled, and I like it even better at lower volumes now. But it doesn't make a ton of difference like with some other amps.

I've found the TOV to be very sensitive to tube changes, and the PI slot in particular influences low volume tone, in my view.

siggy14 said:
I am glad you are enjoying the tremoverb, i kinda miss that amp. I might get one again in the future, who knows.

Todd

It's a great amp, I've been loving it. I think it needs new preamp tubes though.

That is possible, the guy i purchased it from said they were only about 5 hours on them and i only put about 5 hours, of course he could have been lieing, you never know with ebay sales.

Kiss My Axe said:
siggy14 said:

Todd

It's a great amp, I've been loving it. I think it needs new preamp tubes though.

Back