Tremonti like tones from Road King II?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
Probably my favorite hard rock tone has got to be Mark Tremonti's. He uses a tripple rec for distortion and a fender 65 twin for clean sounds. Is it possible to get Tremonti like tones from a Road King II?

Here are some of his songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrEdxFhwSN0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbfyUoye9GE (open your eyes live)

Vintage mode of the 3rd channel, bass cranked, mids up, treble at noon, presence at noon, volume at 11ish

barneyc4 said:
So the Road King II can get his tones?

Easily.

As far as the amp, he does use the modern mode however with all his processing and blending with the bogner, it rounds some of that harshness off, the modern mode is way too harsh in my opinion.

ymmv :idea:

well he has always used two channel dual rec's, not as harsh.

Platypus said:
barneyc4 said:
So the Road King II can get his tones?

Easily.

As far as the amp, he does use the modern mode however with all his processing and blending with the bogner, it rounds some of that harshness off, the modern mode is way too harsh in my opinion.

ymmv :idea:

if you youtube mark tremonti guitar rig, you will see his exact settings as he takes you through a tour of his guitar rig.

he uses a 3ch on modern mode channel 3. bass full, treble and gain around 1 or 2oclock. mids at around 10.

On the Tremonti's tour rig video he says that his Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier is 80% of his tone.

How close is the Road King II to the Tripple rec?

Im pretty much looking for an amp with great Lonestar cleans and a distortion similar to Tremonti's. Is the Road King II by best option?

What about the Dual Rec Roadster?

parsky1 said:
Channels 3 and 4 on a RK are basically straight from a Dual Recto.

Basically?
I thought they actually were the same circuits.

parsky1 wrote:

Basically?
I thought they actually were the same circuits

Yea it is the same. I was thinking in terms of the older 2 channel models, which were slightly different.

Would you guys prefer a Recto 2x12 or a large bogner 2x12? Both with v30s.

I wouldnt say it is the same circuit exactly, i found the roadkings to be like tremoverbs as they have more upper mid's where the duals and triple's sound darker.

But with a roadking you can get **** close enough that most people would not even know the different, it is still voiced like a rec and unless you are comparing them side by side you wouldnt know the difference.

parsky1 said:
parsky1 wrote:

Basically?
I thought they actually were the same circuits

Yea it is the same. I was thinking in terms of the older 2 channel models, which were slightly different.

If I had to choose between these two only the boogie. But honestly if you are going for Mark's sound get the standard cab. Watch the rig he goes over on youtube, he also has a custom built 2x15 cab.

barneyc4 said:
Would you guys prefer a Recto 2x12 or a large bogner 2x12? Both with v30s.

Latest posts

Back