Trem-o-verb: Can you get a solo bost out of it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
Is there a way to get a solo boost out of a Tremoverb? I see in the owners manual that you can activate the loop with an external pedal and that lets the "Loop Active Master" volume take over. Can you set this higher than the channel masters and then use an FX loop switch to bump the volume? Or am I just smokin' Crack?

PS.... I don't have one so I can't try it, I'm getting a new amp SOON, but I need that solo boost. I'm looking at the Rectoverb, but it'd be nice to have a 2x12 behind me but I need that solo boost like the Rectoverb has.

The only way to do that with the Loop Active Master, would be to set both channels to essentially the same sound, then just bump one channel's volume slightly higher. So, for example, you have the Orange channel set to Clone the red Channel - you have two Red Channels now. Activate the Loop active master, use the individual channel volume controls to set each channel's reletive volume, and the Master to set the overall volume.

In this setup, you essentially lose one channel, or sound, and replace it with a volume boost for the settings you have.

One other option is to use an EQ in the FX loop, and engage it when you need the solo boost. I was going this route when I later decided to just throw a JMP-1 in the mix and use that for my solo sound all together...

Latest posts

Back