Treble knob is "scratch" on my T-Verb, should I wo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
I've never noticed it before, but when I'm playing my guitar and I trun my treble knob, it's kind of scratchy?? None of the other knobs do that and it only does it when I'm playing (sound is coming through amp). I tried twisting the heck out of it for about 60 seconds to smooth it out but that didn't do it. Should I be worried yet or get it replaced? I have never had a tone pot go out or get scratchy on any amp before so I don't know what to expect.

I lied....... My '72 Fender Deluxe (was my dads, now it's mine) volume pot has sounded scratchy since I was a kid (like for the last 25 years) and it still keeps on tickin'.

pots are pots, they go bad, in guitars too.
if you want, call mesa and tell them what you have and they will probly send you
a new one (it might cost you a few bucks tho)
if you know how to take apart an amp and soldier, its like a 5 minute job.
as far as leaving it there, youll be fine with a scratchy pot, it wont damage
the amp at all.

Spray it with Caig De-Oxit ID. They sell them in small cans at radio shack with a can of pro gold for $ 12.99. Spray into the back of the pot, work back and forth and then shoot some pro gold in for extra lube.
Rinse and repeat if necessary. If you have an air can, try blowing the crap out if it as well.

Latest posts

Back