Treble boost in front of mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazerok

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you were using a treble booster in front of the mark IV, and wich pedal you use for it.

when i use a treble boost(with my ibanez 7 string) i actually use a boss super overdrive with volume at noon and drive a 0, with the tone control at 1:00

for those of you who didn,t knew, a treble booster helps a mark IV to handle higher settings on the lead bass control in lead channel.

what pickups are you using? When I was using the stock SD JB pups in my jacksons, I felt the need to use some sort of pedal in the front. Once I moved to Dimarzio X2N, the only pedal I've got between the guitar and amp is a Tuner pedal. Which I'm going to find a way to get rid of soon. :mrgreen:

on my 7 string i use stock pickups, wich doesnt sound that good by themselves with the mark but with the boost, they can sound pretty decent.

on my 6 string i use evo pickups, wich i find too trebley for my taste.

but i don,t use the treble booster because of my pickups, i use it to tighten up the low frequencies before the input stage, so i can run the bass knob higher(around 5-7)

Latest posts

Back