Traditional 4 X 12 Cab Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backmt

Reaction score
Dear Everybody. I am new here. I have been using Early 90's Trem O Verve Head (2 channel) with Marshall 4 x 12 cab ( 2 Greenback & 2 GH)
and today I finally got Mesa traditional 4 x 12 cab ( 4 vintage 30 / 280w).
It has kick *** bottom end but I feel little too boomy....... I used to set
it up as Vintage channel (Vo 5, Pr 1, Tr 6, Md 6~ 8, Bs 6, Gain 5~6) with Marshall cab. And now I set it up much less Bass & Med but it is still boomy.
I like to know what is the everybody setting for Hard Rock & R&R ( 80's ~ 90's ) with Mesa head & Cab. Please help!!!!!!!!!

I used to run the presence at about 11 o'clock and bass at 9 o'clock with my traditional.

Btw...I wouldn't alot all the difference to the cab...you went from Greenbacks and g12 to V30s...completely different beasts ;)

And are you sure its the traditional and not the oversized? Because what you're describing sound like the oversized, not traditional to me.

Dear Ibanez4life. Thanks for the quick respond. And you are right about cab size. I did bought standard ( over sized ) recto cab. My mistake. Sorry
about that. Anyway, I am still try to find the sweet tone from this cab. And
you are right about Vintage 30 speaker..... This speaker is totally different
sound. It say vintage but I really think greenback or G12 are more vintage
sound to me! Very funny I guess. I will keep mess around little more.
Again, Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back