Tour of Mark Tremonti's Rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's quite a rig the guy's got! I didn't know he used an Uberschall as well. He apparently LOVES his Triple Rec though.

Uberchall's are QUITE righteous I hear. It's neat to see how he does his thang!

question:

i guess this should be a seprate post but so mark tremonti (who im not really a fan of but regardless i respect the guy) he doesnt use mics????

i never dealt with a di box. all i knew was that a direct box makes like a better clean signal for usa with dry recording to mixing board or monitoring.

do certain DI boxes emulate speakers? especialyl when talking about distortion??? he has a distroted tone especialyl with a trip rec why does he use DI boxes?

thats whay he says in the vid

Yea, if you listen to his live videos on youtube they do sound "DI boxish" like they are lacking the tone from speaker movement. Regardless he still has sweet tone.

that sucks.

i never knew that about di boxes. i guess this learning experience is like a double sided sword...

one side is that mark tremonti is an asswipe cuz he has all that nice gear and all those cabs, and he even mentioned in the video how he prefers the straight cabinet vs the slanted due to low end.... and he runs it through a di box.... that is really really whack.

the other side is that even though it sounds bad, i thought i di box only sends the clean channel to the mixing board for volume purpouses and "Re-amping"

The funny thing about this is with all that gear that guy has an horrible live sound...probably due to emo-type-of-music equing! But thanx for sharing...love that stuff

I'd like to have one of those 2X15''s That'd be pretty sweet, reminds me of the Warhead series Randall cabs..

-AJH

I don’t get the direct box’s either but what really bewilders me?????????

He points out that Boogie built him a custom cabinet (2x15), he also points out with the two 4x12’s he has, that he doesn’t use the slant version of the cabinet he feels a better bass response with the straight cabinets. OK cool
Now you’re bypassing your power amps and CABINETS to go to the PA
Is he that worried about microphone bleed or something?
With what the audience is listening to he should just use a PodXT or something and cut down on his equipment.
The only one benefiting from his great sounding amps and cabinets ----- is him!

6L6C said:
The only one benefiting from his great sounding amps and cabinets ----- is him!

Yeah, and maybe the first couple rows of people sitting directly in front of him watching him do his power stance :lol: Great guitarist..pretty good tone.....should use mics though...IMO

-AJH

Latest posts

Back