Total Newb Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gothenburg

Reaction score
If a cab has two input jacks would it be possible to hook up more than one source? I ask because I was thinking of how cool it would be to have yourself going through your cab and the other guitarists while he does the same thing. Is this possible?

Sorry, I totally misread the question here.

Let me try again.

If you have a stereo cab you can split your cab and share it with another guitarist and their amp. This I have done. I am with Tommyhawk13 on this one though. Why not put the other guitarist in your monitor instead?

Just make sure you are careful of the impedance. A Boogie 4x12, if I remember correctly, is 4 ohms per side in stereo. There is no safe way to run a Boogie head into 2 separate 4 ohm jacks that I know of.

If the cabs were 8 ohm stereo, you would be safe. Just take the 4 ohm outs on your head and run it to one 8 ohm in on one cab and another 8 ohm in on another cab.

In order to rock the like this with a Boogie, you would need two 2 ohm outs on the head and run each into a 4 ohm in on the two cabinets.

Make sense?

You can always change your speakers in your Mesa cabs from 8 to 16 ohms and have 2- 8ohm jacks like on Marshall cabs for stereo. Or buy a JCM900 or newer 1960 cab with the stereo jacks.

I can only speak about the M@rshall cabs - since that's what I use.

But you can run 2 sources in - I've done it for years. EIGHT ohms in stereo.

But remember - both sides would need to be mic'd - as one side would be serving one amp, and vice versa with the other side.

But I'm in agreement. I wouldn't want to share either. :oops:

I can imagine it getting mushy with two guitarists competing for the same air vibrations (since that is essentially all that music is coming out of the speakers).

Without getting into the physics - it just sounds like a bad idea.

Now - ONE guitarist doing it - like I've done - man - it rocks!

Latest posts

Back