Tone quest/Speaker V30-->EVM 12 L Where to get replacement?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunder100

Reaction score
Dear All

Just quickly

I have a Mark V head.Till now I used a cab with a V30--Was very happy

Recently I bought an old Mesa Thiele cab with an nicely break in (read old but still ok) EVM 12 L

Really great and better then my beloved V30(which I take any time over the C90)

Apart this-->if the EVM dies where do I get a similar one then ? The one in the Thiele looks way different then the EVM-12 L Classic on the Electro Voice homepage

thanks

Roland

You can buy an original on eBay, or buy the "Classic" which is a reissue of the original. They will both sound the same, because they are almost identical speakers. The classic looks different because it is the first EVM12L that was produced in around 15 years after the originals were discontinued.

JOEY B. said:
If you hurt an EVM-12L with a Mark V, you have done something severely wrong.

You never know with this oldtimer speaker vs new fresh 90 watt's

But Ill take care-->It sounds so sweet which has amybe to do with break in as well

Roland

thunder100 said:
JOEY B. said:
If you hurt an EVM-12L with a Mark V, you have done something severely wrong.

You never know with this oldtimer speaker vs new fresh 90 watt's

But Ill take care-->It sounds so sweet which has amybe to do with break in as well

Roland

Unless the EVM-12L has sustained a previous injury, the Mark V cannot hurt it. I have four 1x12 cabs loaded with these OEM speakers. After years of punishment by the Mark II amps, no harm has been done.

I popped one with either a Coliseum IIC+ or a Walkabout 300. I was never entirely sure which one made 'er give up the ghost :lol:

Latest posts

Back