Time for Triaxis II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle

Reaction score
Mainly a better interface and paralel loop.
Some better (less fizzy) modern metal tones wouldn't go a miss either, but keep the Mark tones.

I'm certainly all for it, but only if you can transfer your existing settings and they work perfectly.

Honestly, I'd be fine with a new model with no new features but a new, more user-friendly interface. Maybe with an actual 5-band Mark series EQ as opposed to the DV.

The worst part would be having to save up for a new piece of gear. :cry:

Well, the 5 band bit, might be nice, but ive found i can get everything i need with the DV, and the three bands, plus presence. I really feel everything is available there.

Why not just throw an eq in the loop? It would be very close in the circuit to where the MarkIVs is then.

I found the interface rediculously easy - what dont you like about it? 1 hour is all it took for me to program it up, with the 2:90, and my midi controller...

Also, ive found plenty of modern metal tones are available - the recto isnt my thing though. What dont you like about those tones?

I say, don't fix what aint broke!

The boys at boogie have done a fine job, but I doubt even they could please everyone, even if they wanted to.

tramp said:
I say, don't fix what aint broke!

The boys at boogie have done a fine job, but I doubt even they could please everyone, even if they wanted to.
+1

I wouldn't change anything about my triaxis.

I only use rhythm yellow and LD2 tones so I would like a triaxis only with 3 sounds =

1- Rhythm yellow ( cleans )
2- LD2 red ( leads )
3- rectifier modern ( rhythm )

A real rectifier not that terrible sound in LD1 red !!!

Just it,it will be I guess the most sold boogie in the world !!!

Except that not everyone is like you... so they sell more units with the different tonal options, and make more people happy...

Now now Howitzer, you don't want 18&Life to go calling you stupid for disagreeing with him now do you?

Like I said, a simpler interface and a programmable 5-band EQ would be killer.

But, all in all, I can't complain. I love my tones as they are. If they wouldn't transfer 100% to a new model, I'd stick with my current TriAxis.

romk said:
There're two things they should improve. The 1st one is a mix control for FX loop. It should be done as other parameters (midi). The 2nd I care less is speaker simulation. The one that I have is completely useless for anything except clean tones.

I really would be tempted to buy a Triaxis if it had the same type of power amp/cabinet interaction simulator as the Recto Pre. You still need an outboard speaker simulator with the Recto Pre but with a good one the results are pretty amazing and definitely rival a miked power amp/cabinet IMO. Just the outboard speaker simulator alone with a standard preamp doesn't quite cut it, especially with gainy sounds as you suggest.

eagle said:
Mainly a better interface and paralel loop.
Some better (less fizzy) modern metal tones wouldn't go a miss either, but keep the Mark tones.

A midi controlled quad preamp. The quad sounds clearer, wider and more organic than the triaxis and I think it's nearly on par with the best preamps out there like the CAE 3+ and SOldano X88. The only thing mesa doesn't have yet is a top notch mid gain sound. Add one to the quad and that's as good as it gets in my opinion.

- Keep the amount of parameters
- Make the increment of the parameter value in .1, instead of .5
- 2 stereo FX Loops, assignable to modes, switchable via MIDI CC
- 2 mini 5 band EQ, assignable to modes, switchable via MIDI CC
- Keep the 4 switch jacks
- Replace the supposedly rectifier mode[/list]

Latest posts

Back