Time for a shootout!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbalderrama

Reaction score
BoogieWall_small.jpg

Mark 1, IIC+, III, and IV, and a couple Lonestars. The 1 and IIC+ arn't going anywhere, but I won't keep both the III and IV, and might not keep either. Got me a head switcher and a cab switcher so I can test heads side by side and cabs side by side. Should be fun. :)

The wall-o-boogies is kinda cool though, even if it won't last.

Wow, those Lone Star short heads are... er... okay, they're fugly.

Okay, let me see if i understand this correctly ... you have a lot of Boogie amps and they all sound a little different and you want to immediately compare and contrast them to see what you like best.

then, what ?? unless you need money desparately, and to me it isn't "real" money - not like you have $10K tied up there - you are gonna get rid of something ??

I'm not a real mature person. I'm only 47. I can tell you that several items (especially musical things like guitars and amps) that I didn;t REALLY NEED to sell over the years ... well I wish I had them back. I just wasted the money anyway - not like a kid needed an operation or I was about to lose my house or something.

Cool to see how everything sounds. Keep it ALL. Keep it. Keep it.

or send it to me. especially the Mark III/IV stuff. I already have a LSC and trying to get another Mark III ... if you have a .50 cal + in there send it too. and a VibroVerb, I miss that one. and a JTM 45 ... I REALLY wish that head was here ...

I never NEEDED to sell any of it. That is the sorry *** final truth. Not that I am concerned about how much it would be WORTH ... but that I would HAVE it.

Good luck.

rvschulz said:
then, what ?? unless you need money desparately, and to me it isn't "real" money - not like you have $10K tied up there -REALLY NEED to sell over the years ... well I wish I had them back. I just wasted the money anyway ... Keep it ALL. Keep it. Keep it.

Yeah, I don't have any monetary need to get rid of any of it... Its more of a physical space problem, and a "mind clutter" problem. Ie, I've wanted to compare and contrast various Marks for a long time, but, I don't like having stuff sitting around not being used either. The Mark 1 and Mark IIC+ I won't sell anyway because those are harder to get ahold of, but Mark III's and IV's are plentiful so I can basically keep whichever I think I'll want to use from a playing standpoint and get rid of the other.

boogietone said:
I thought you liked that MKIII? What a great little amp that was!
:)

I do like it. Was just playing it some more. I'm guessing it's going to displace the Mark IV. I'm impressed with the III, besides the classic boogie tone, it does "marshall" better than any other boogie I've run into other than the Stiletto, even with 6l6.

I can easily see my "main rig" consisting of the Mark III and Lonestar heads and a couple cabs.

Latest posts

Back