Three new knobs to Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarsawicki

Reaction score
Hi!

I already added master volume to the R2 channel (Thanks for the photos Screamingdaisy! R130 text were beneath the resistor!). What do you think about this modification:

You can get enough power for two 6 Volt relays to make them "click" from Mark III R1/R2 footswitch jack. That means you can change 4 connections when you switch to clean channel. When I switch to lead channel I use a footwitch which changes two connections and then those two relays are on and I use same connections as with R2 channel. I tested this setup:

R2 channel has it's own master volume knob
Clean channel has it's own treble and volume knobs
Multicore cable to one footswitch chasis with R1/R2, R/L, Rev and EQ switches

Finally I can get the all good sounds from my Mark III! There's no noise when I switch the channels. I always play clean and R2 channels (without graphic EQ) with 12-string neck of my doubleneck startocaster. Lead channel (with or without graphic EQ) is for 6-string neck. I don't need any over drive/distortion/fuzz pedals even when my doubleneck stratocaster has 6 EMG S pickups. Front pickup of 6-string neck is connected with EMG Presence control.

I also tested Clean channel's own presence knob but there were lots of noise when I switched the channels.

Cheers
David Sawicki

Wow that's awesome. If I had some soldering skills I'd do that too!

Can you explain how you made the all-in-one footswitch?

Some pics of it too would rock!

I've been wanting to make a all-in-one footswitch since I got my MkIII - I think it was a bit silly of Boogie to have all these seperate switches.

All-in-one is the go!

I will make instructions with photos. I don't have any camera at all. I must borrow it. Soldering is not difficult with this mod. You don't have to remove any components from the main board. You don't have to add any components to the main board neither. I glued the relays to the Boogie chasis. Multicore cable needs a big hole and the chasis is like a tank! When you use multicore cable, the footswitch jacks cannot be used any more because the relays dont't work with the original Boogie footswitches. Also push-pull switches of Middle and Lead Drive knobs can't work with the relays. I removed R1/R2 and EQ/Rev jacks and put the extra pots there.

You need these components:

-Footswitch chasis (was hard to find, costed about 20 US Dollars)
-Multicore connector to the Boogie chasis (I used 7 pin DIN)
-Multicore connector to the cable
-Multicore cable (7 wires)
-Two 6 Volt relays (8 pins)
-Two 6 pin Footswitches for channel switching
-Two 2 pin Footswitches for EQ and Reverb (just like a standard Mark III channel footswitch)
-1 M Ohm pot
-250 k Ohm pot

I will try to draw the footswitch connections because that's quite tricky.

Channel switching has the same logic and the same leds as with the standard Boogie footswitches.

Connections in the Boogie chasis were simple. I must borrow the camera.

I must warn you that this modification requires more work than R2 master volume mod. Also the leds don't work at all. I must still work with this problem. I will sent the instructions when all the led problems are solved.

David S

I solved the rhythm/lead led problem. It is impossible to fix R1/R2 led. If anybody still wants the pictures and instructions, please send your email by a private message. There are no photographs because I don't have a camera.

David S

You can't change the channels with Boogie's pull switches. The footswitch should always be connected. If the footswitch is not connected, the clean channel's volume and treble are always on, and the lead channels volume and treble are always off.

I'm now working with R1/R2 led. That led doesn't work always. Actually I'm adding a cord from my Effects' AC adapter to the footswitch. The voltage is probably suitable for R1/R2 led.

I have now Mobile phone with a camera. I'm building a website of my band, so I can put some pictures there. I will post to Boogie Board when I have the pictures.

David S

Latest posts

Back