Thoughts on traditional/Stiletto 4x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.J

Reaction score
I have the chance to pick up a Stiletto straight 4x12. I already own the 2x12 version and use it with my Electra dyne and Royal atlantic heads. The 2x12 does work really well for me although the bass can get a bit boomy which I think is just a result of the cab being very compact.

In most of the places we play there is not much room so I often have to stand very close to the the cab stuggle to hear myself and the true tone of my rig. I'm playing Blues and classic rock mostly.

Is moving to a 4x12 going to help ? Is the 4x12 an upgrade ? I imagine the speakers won't be working as hard and I may actually lose some tone. what can I expect ?

Well, first of all the traditional / stiletto 4 x 12 sounds AWESOME with an Electra Dyne and it would be my preferred setup if volume was not an issue. Secondly it is loud and very present.
You'll hear yourself better but the tradeoff is that the speakers will not work as hard. Perhaps an amp stand might be a more profitable investment?

Back