Thoughts on a 1x12 recto cab and a mark iv short head ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMW1975

Reaction score
ANYONE TRY THIS,I CURRENTLY RUN IT THROUGH TWO 2X12 STILETTO CABS AT PRACTICE SOUNDS TIGHT AND FOCOUSED.KEEP IN MIND I PLAY MAINLY HARD ROCK/METAL IN THIS RIG,AC/DC -SABBATH -GODSMACK ETC.I HAVE A SMALL CORNER IN THE BEDROOM FOR A 1X12 RECTO AND THE SHORTHEAD TO SIT,THIS USED TO BE A COMBO WHICH I STILL HAVE,
BUT I JUST WASN'T DIGGIN THE OPEN BACK FOR WHAT I'M PLAYING.

It works for me.

I keep it on Class A and could drowned out a drummer if I had to.

Sounds way bigger the you would expect for a 1x12

DSC_0039.jpg

primal said:
It works for me.

I keep it on Class A and could drowned out a drummer if I had to.

Sounds way bigger the you would expect for a 1x12

DSC_0039.jpg

Thanks primal that helps, I'm very close to pulling the trigger and ordering the recto cab.
You say it sounds way bigger than I would expect for a 1x12,That's exactly what i'm looking for.

CMW1975 said:
Thanks primal that helps, I'm very close to pulling the trigger and ordering the recto cab.
You say it sounds way bigger than I would expect for a 1x12,That's exactly what i'm looking for.

Won't destroy your back either.

I presently gig with a mark iv on a thiele cab (1 x 12 evm)
It's loud enough for anything... and good for my back!!!!

I used to gig with a Mark IV and dual thiele setup. Sounded great!

Even still I prefer the 1x12 cabs for their size and weight...

Well i did it,ordered a 1x12 recto in emerald bronco with tan jute grille,tan piping,tan corners to match my headshell. Now the wait is on. :D Can't wait to break this bad boy in. Thanks for all the input boys much appreciated. I'll post pics of my rig when i get a better camera.

I just built a thiele 2 x 12 and I love it. I would have suggested the Theile 1 x 12 instead of the recto because the port makes the bass response sound gigantic.

Latest posts

Back