Thinking about trying some NOS...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricTurkey4369

Reaction score
Im interested in trying a NOS tube for V1...Any suggestions to what brand? I have looked at all the types and have NO idea. Wondering what you guys think would work. Im using a Roadster by the way.
Im going to try one NOS for now and the rest of the tubes being a mixture of Shugaung (cathode followers) and a preferred series for V2 from the tube store.

Thanks guys! :D

UPDATE:

Been looking at the JAN Philips 12AX7WA or the RFT ECC83 for V1, or Im deciding weather to go with a NOS for V2...And stick with a tung sol for V1

I tried the RFT in v1 in my mark v and did not like it there, I placed the rft in v2 and it made a welcomed improvement in the crunch channel. I am using a mullard NOS in v1 right now and a have a tung-sol ri in the pi position. I picked up a couple of the amperex NOS tubes and want to experiment with them. I will try them in v1 or the pi position as see what goes.

Good Luck with your tube selections.

Notice that Sevycat is experimenting with certain old stock tubes in various positions until he is pleased with the results. That is exactly the right thing to do. Spend some $$ getting what you might like, get busy trying, and only change one thing at a time. Nice work.

I just bought my first couple of NOS tubes, which were all NOS JAN GE's and they sound amazing. I got all 3 off eBay for about $60.

GE's sounded very good. Just got a mid-60's RCA balanced 12ax7 and put it in V1 and just stared at the amp. Never sounded that good. Ever. 8)

konstantine RK said:
I am officially done tinkering with the Roadking..... No more swapping ever again until one goes bad..

Tinkering is my middle name. I will keep doing it till either I get it right or break it, which ever comes first. :lol:

Just when you think you're done tinkering, then you start thinking about something you haven't tried yet tonewise, or there's that new guitar you brought home, well, uh huh! :mrgreen: Never stop the science projects!

Latest posts

Back