Thinking about an F30

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lespaulstandard

Reaction score
Any Opinions on this little guy? I could get it for 700 or so. Sound, Reliablility etc.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

I have it and I love it. Enough volume for gigs with PA easily. My only complaint is that there's too much gain for my needs :D

I have an F-30 and really like it. There is enough gain available for most styles (except for some metal tones) and the cleans are very nice. At extremely low volumes (apartment friendly levels), the amp sounds a little dark, but you don't have to turn it up that much louder before it opens up. I can't comment on the effects loop or how well it responds to pedals because I don't use them much.

I have not had an opporturnity to gig with it, but I did get to try it out at a band practise. There were a couple guitarists, bass, keyboards, vocals, and drums, and I was able to cut through just fine. I used to have a Laney VC30 1X12 combo, the Mesa F-30 sounds louder than the Laney did.

Man that sounds like a killer deal.

I've had mine for just under a year. Nice warm tone and with the contour switch it's a versatile little amp. The cleans are really nice and I agree with the previous post that you don't need to crank it to get nice tones.

This is my first MB and it is very loud for a 30 watt amp, it does crank quite nicely 8)

I was playing one of these in a sound room a couple weeks ago.

I'd buy it!

If you want a recto type sound and dont want a big stack type amp this is an excellent choice IMO.

Cleans were good also.

Thanks for all the reply's.. the amp is used.. but in great condition. 700 is my price cap so that worked out pretty good for me. Any suggestions for after i buy it? other than JJ's and play the **** out of it?

I have'nt tried JJ's yet!

I can tell you that the amp I tried was brand new and sounded great!

I'm not sure what else you'd want to do to it. Although I wonder what it would sound like with an extension cab.

about a month after i got my f30, i retubed with the JJ high gain kit.
what more can i say? it SCREAMS. all i use for fx is the line 6 tonecore echo park set at 100 wet and the fx mix on the amp set at about 30 wet. love it.

Latest posts

Back