thin sounding MIV boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barny

Reaction score
hello just new to the forum...wondering iff you guys could help ou, iv got a mk 4 boogie and lately it seems to have gone really thin sounding .mainly on the lead channell..it feels as though im fighting to get any sustain and body in the note, i was wondering iff anybodys had the same problem, i used to get nice controled feedback ..dont get any of it now, any help would be really appreciated.
tanks
paul

You know what? And this might sound stupid, but mine was doing that a few months ago so I actually sent it to Mesa for a once-over. They not only said the tubes were fine and didn't change anything, they said it sounded as designed... which worried me. I plugged it in when I got home and it sounded great again. I can only attribute it to what George Lynch referred to many years ago as "tone trolls" that sneak into your gear room late at night and tweak your settings. Seriously, leave it alone for a day and then let it warm up for a while and see if that does anything before swapping out tubes.

Check if your reverb is on the lead channel. It usually gives it this thin background sound. Pickups and body of the guitar of course. Make sure the presence, 2200 and 6600 sliders aswell as the Treble knob aren't too high either. Those are pretty much most of the factors that can give you a thin sound I guess if it's not setup right.

What are your EQ settings? Without those I doubt anyone can diagnose anything surely.

thanks guy for the help..ill check all this out ..the EQ is same as always..as are all the settings and it sounded great..but the last couple of gigs it seems to have went really thin, i set the eq in the v type of shape..with the midlle sliders just below the mid line ..sorry i cant be more specific..but the amp is in our lockup and i cant grt access just now..

Latest posts

Back