Thiele info & Advice Needed!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies everyone. Keep them coming. One thing I didn't mention is that in a Thiele and Small design it is best not to use even dimensions or in other word numbers that can be divided equally into each other. That will set up standing waves in the box. Example 1'x2'x4'. A cubed box is the poorest choice, 1x1x1.

gts I would be interested in the box dimentions (internal) and port design , if you have time. I just need to get my email up again.

My guess is the EV's box dimensions are ideal and Mesa altered them so that it will match their cab.

hey guys, i just got a used thiele at guitar center, it says c90 at the back plate where you plug the jack, but when i opened the back part of the cabinet to check the speaker itself, theres no label on the speaker, im afraid that the former owner of this cab changed the speaker! anyone here have the original speaker? does it have a label on?

willrock said:
hey guys, i just got a used thiele at guitar center, it says c90 at the back plate where you plug the jack, but when i opened the back part of the cabinet to check the speaker itself, theres no label on the speaker, im afraid that the former owner of this cab changed the speaker! anyone here have the original speaker? does it have a label on?

I have had one just like this. Look for a vent in the center of the magnet and a series of numbers stamped in ink on the rear face of the magnet. Most OEM thieles do not have a sticker on the magnets that I've seen.

JOEY B. said:
willrock said:

I have had one just like this. Look for a vent in the center of the magnet and a series of numbers stamped in ink on the rear face of the magnet. Most OEM thieles do not have a sticker on the magnets that I've seen.

what dya mean by OEM?

EVM's have a vent and an ink stamp too when OEM. If you can't determine from the stamp thenthe easiest way to determine speaker type is to look at the basket and cone to determine what speaker it is.

If he has a Celestion jack plate and the EVM-12L speaker, he has bought it dirt cheap, I hope. I was just blasting thru two EV Thieles with my C+ head, and the 'Paul never sounded better. They will make you reconsider the need for a 4x12 cab. :shock:

willrock said:
it has a celestion sticker at the back of the cab. not unless evms are celestions?

Would you believe it if I put a 5.4L Triton sticker on it? Speaker changes are really easy and common.

Back