Thiele cab needs replacement handle

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lento

Reaction score
I just bought an older Thiele EVM12L cab with chrome corners and a "Boogie" badge. The speaker dates it to '92 and it's in fine working and very good cosmetic condition.

The handle though, is missing it's end caps and the steel inserts are pulled-up making it feel unsecure.

I'd like to find the correct replacement for it but having tried a couple of others, it seems to be an odd size and the screws need an Allen (Hex) key. Length-wise from one screwhole centre to the other it's 7. 3/4 ins.

Presumably this was/is a common handle but anyone know for sure ?

Lyn

Hi gts

Thats a very kind offer, I'd like to take you up on that if you wouldn't mind posting to England. I'd obviously take care of that.
Will PM my details if you're ok with it.

Meanwhile, I've never posted a picture here, so could you briefly explain how to upload a picture from my desktop.

regards
Lyn[/img]

lento said:
Hi gts

Meanwhile, I've never posted a picture here, so could you briefly explain how to upload a picture from my desktop.

regards
Lyn[/img]

One way is to go to photobucket.com and create an account (free). Once you post your pictures there, you copy the link, click the image icon in the message box here, and then paste the link.

Edward

lento said:
Length-wise from one screwhole centre to the other it's 7. 3/4 ins.
They must have changed the handle because the screwholes on both mine are 8-1/2" c/c apart.

Thielehandle.jpg
[/img]
Thieleinside.jpg

Thanks for the pix help !

t0aj15 said:
lento said:
Length-wise from one screwhole centre to the other it's 7. 3/4 ins.
They must have changed the handle because the screwholes on both mine are 8-1/2" c/c apart.

Maybe different era Thieles had different handles ?

I have a mahogany custom-made Thiele with what looks to be the right handle, but that is also 8 .1/2ins - which is too long for the Boogie Thiele.

Wow 4 days post to the UK?

It takes our postal system 5 days to get something two states over :roll: :p

Back