The same or different? BLACK SHADOW - EVM 12L

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy

Reaction score
You know, for awhile , I wondered the same thing .

But unless it bursts into flame or crawls out of the amp and drinks all my beer , It's a keeper .

B.

I am almost sure they are the same. I think Whe I worked in a Music shop they used to send a sticker to put on the speaker to brand it as a boogie.

Boogiebabies will know I am sure...

phyrexia said:
Black Shadow label = Mesa tested and approved

Correctomondo; An OEM 12-L is a 200watt series II EVM 12-L which has been carfully scrutinized to meet the rigorous criteria of Mesa Engineering, thereby being worthy of the venerable Black Shadow label. Or in earlier times simply a ride out of Petaluma in a Boogie amp bare assed with an OEM stamp.

Out of the four Mesa EV's I have, only two have the BS sticker. The other combo and the Thiele have OEM's. Now get this, the early 84 IIC+ has the sticker and the later Imbuya IIC+ has the OEM !!! The Thiele is a Boogie logo for the MK IV, but it does not have a sticker either. There's no method to this madness. 8)

To quote the catalog "They are highly recommended as an option to high power 1 x 12 Boogies . . ."

Not sure that answers your question. BTW, that's what's in my '89 Imbuya MkIII Blue Stripe.

The catalog was in a post a couple of pages back (early March 07):

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/Warchrist/1985%20Mesa%20Catolog/?action=view&current=Boogie019.jpg

Latest posts

Back