The mesa recto incoherence

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nocluejimbo said:
screamingdaisy said:
The Single Rectifier only has a single rectifiers, same with the Single Rectifier Rectoverb. I believe the Maveric was a Single Rectifier Maveric (though it only used the tube) if I remember correctly.

The Dual Rectifier has dual rectifiers. Same with the Dual Rectifier Trem-O-Verb, Dual Rectifier Road King, and a couple of others which I can't remember off the top of my head.

The Triple Rectifier is actually a Dual Rectifier. The Triple is just a play on words, though some people believe it's because it has three rectifier tubes.

The Maverick was a dual.

Cool.

What was the other single then? I'm pretty sure there was a Single Rectifier that only had a tube rectifier in it.

I'm a car guy, so I see Mesa calling a line of amps Rectifiers is a lot like Chrysler's new Hemi engines. Lots of modern cars have hemispherical combustion chambers, but only Chrysler is marketing them with the name "Hemi".

BTW, converting AC to DC is rectifying. Converting DC to AC is inverting :)

FoxMustang said:
I'm a car guy, so I see Mesa calling a line of amps Rectifiers is a lot like Chrysler's new Hemi engines. Lots of modern cars have hemispherical combustion chambers, but only Chrysler is marketing them with the name "Hemi".

BTW, converting AC to DC is rectifying. Converting DC to AC is inverting :)

that's a really good metaphor thingy you have there :)

screamingdaisy said:
nocluejimbo said:
screamingdaisy said:
The Single Rectifier only has a single rectifiers, same with the Single Rectifier Rectoverb. I believe the Maveric was a Single Rectifier Maveric (though it only used the tube) if I remember correctly.

The Dual Rectifier has dual rectifiers. Same with the Dual Rectifier Trem-O-Verb, Dual Rectifier Road King, and a couple of others which I can't remember off the top of my head.

The Triple Rectifier is actually a Dual Rectifier. The Triple is just a play on words, though some people believe it's because it has three rectifier tubes.

The Maverick was a dual.

Cool.

What was the other single then? I'm pretty sure there was a Single Rectifier that only had a tube rectifier in it.

I dunno. They called the Blue Angel a Dual, but I don't see a rectifier switch.

Most of it is a gimick really, as you NEED 3 rectifier tubes (triple rec) for 3 pairs of power tubes, two couldn't handle the current and one is out of the question, same with the dual rec.

2 days ago we were talking about how mesa could get a single ended class Aconfiguration with a push pull circuit. I think that mesa likes so much the marketing :wink: Did you think that Randall Smith continues design amps??? or maybe the amps are designed by the mesa workers???

nocluejimbo said:
screamingdaisy said:
nocluejimbo said:
The Maverick was a dual.

Cool.

I dunno. They called the Blue Angel a Dual, but I don't see a rectifier switch.

the BA had 3 rectifier tubes i think, but it had simuclass so it can be rectified in more than one way.

Latest posts

Back