The great debate

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one

• 2 channel Dual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MKIV

• RK I

• Other

• Total voters
I think it really depends upon what you are playing. If you play everyting in the front end and don't care about power tube distortion any tube amp will sound great. That having been said there are some micro amps available with a 12ax7 powering the power section that really scream at apartment levels. Last summer I was shown one that a guy had while buying his EVM and that little thing was a little monster. It was like some little mini itty bitty plexi. Deal with that... :wink:

:D *note; ( I was refering to my reply as containing no valuable info etc. but I guess you guys missed that!!) I guess for me amps and guitars are tools. I can see the shortcomings in all of them. But at the same time I like them for there uniqueness. I used to hate single coils and strats, but now Ive got one just for clean bluesy stuff( neck pickup!!)I went through a neck through only faze, stop tail-piece faze, floyd rose faze, kahler faze, emg 81 faze, etc. Currently my main amp is a Triple rec, Im into metal mostly and I know lamb of god uses the Mark 4 so I would like to check one out, and honestly ive heard nothing but good things about them. Its pretty funny I made one comment and got a bunch of replies (Mostly everyone missed the target) kudos to whoever started this thread, this is bound to be a popular one. Hey UFC is running out of ideas, maybe they could do UFC 70something-Triple Rec vs. Mark 4 lovers. I think im going to start a thread asking peoples opinions on who is generally more of a badass??(mark or rec owners) a lot of people in hear likes to talk pretty cybertuff!! ...once again(reffering to what I just wrote in case you are having a hard time)...this was for entertainment purposes only, contained no valuable information and you are in fact now less intelligent for having read this.

pilebuck23 said:
I guess for me amps and guitars are tools. I can see the shortcomings in all of them. But at the same time I like them for there uniqueness. I used to hate single coils and strats, but now Ive got one just for clean bluesy stuff( neck pickup!!)I went through a neck through only faze, stop tail-piece faze, floyd rose faze, kahler faze, emg 81 faze, etc.

I guess when you have played a while you go through these exact phases. I myself have been there and done that. Actually, the last guitar I bought was an American Standard Strat solely for that thin strat sound. Crazy how you return back to basics and how you end up where you started. Funny how things can be so similar for different people too yet so different at the same time. I am a Mark IV owner by the way. I throw down the gauntlet... :lol: :lol: :lol:

dude, I did it, i got the idea listening to everybody argue hear while ufc was on tv :idea: . oh yeah, I bought an Amercan 6oth anniversary and really like it. Bleed Boogie!!!!

Nice guitar man. The one I got was one of the last 2005's shipped to my local GC. I dig it. It felt like home when I picked it up. I hadn't played a Strat in over 12 years. I used to love them and their superstrat brethren but went setneck fixed bridge and 24 3/4" exclusively for well over a decade.

I know, fixed bridge just so much less hassle, better sustain. Ive got a 1985- or 6 Esp M-1 custom with a floyd rose that I use when recording only for retarded whammy dives and noises. Its actually a pretty nice guitar, kind of at the beginning of the superstrat thing

yeah I was the same,I went through the super strat peroid,ya know when I was learning Vai and Greg Howe,but now i play a simple Tele,it sounds so much better not as stereotypical,ohhh metal guitar,must play metal.I still own my trusted Ibanez 1570MRB(with custom dimarzio's),great fun and great for those Dream Theater moments but ahh the tele is ohhh so sweet,I might swap out the samarium cobalt noiseless pups for a set of Seymour Duncans,a hot rail and hot for tele,mmmm decisions ehhh,ohh and it looks a million dollars,candy tangerine with maple board(off colour now),amzing playing,sounding and lookin guitar,the neck has some of the radius taken off as well for the newer guys who bend the strings higher than the vintage 'tree trunk neck' guys,check them out,

BADASS :twisted:

Mark IV's FTW. If anyone disagrees you clearly don't know how to work it.

I gig alot, and I have done a wide variety of styles, and no one amp is good for all of them. I hoped the roadster was the ticket, but... well I tried alot of guitars too, money is no object, and the ONLY reason I don't play a mark IV is that so many of the sounds it creates are so well worn I feel like somebody else when I play through one. Like guitars-when I play a strat, I play strat riffs, etc. I started guitar on a les paul, and I went through a bunch of PRS guitars, Ibanez, fenders, and I'm back to the les pauls because it takes my back to childhood. I had a les paul when I was nine! I would not even think of doing a serious rock show these days without the stiletto-I just get so many sounds out of it I never heard before, unlike the rectos and marks, which always make me sound like somebody else. I improvise a lot, and I when I get a jazz call, or country thing, I bring the lonestar and PRS and a few pedals. After a certain level, I think although you may not have found the grail itself, you do begin to dwell in the holy land, which itself is quite an acomplishment, but then again, I like early lynyrd skynyrd-sloppy as hell, but a lot of fun.

My first tube amp was a Laney Pro Tube 100, mid 80's model. About the time that I bought this amp, I got the chance to hear a MkIIB combo. From that day forward, I lusted for my own Boogie. During the winter of '88, I got a line on a MkI head that had been sent back to Boogie for an effects loop addition. I quickly sold the Laney and purchased the MkI for $500 with a complete set (pre and power) of new Groove tubes. I then bought a Boss OD-1 for $25 to help get the overdriven sound at decent volume levels. Around 1995 I thought that I needed a channel switching amp. All the rage was about the Recifier Solo head at that time. So, I sold my MkI to a friend for what I had in it, and ordered a chrome chassis triple rec with black checkerplate. In my mind, there should be no need for an overdrive pedal with this SOLO HEAD amp. I tried for several years to re-create the magic that was achived with the MkI. It was only when I was able to get back my MkI, that the decision was made. I sold the T-Rec for a profit on Ebay :D . Then I went on a search for the amp that I should have bought back in '95. The MkIIC+, of which I own two of now. I have tried the MkIII no dot, purple and green stripe as well as the MkIV A and B versions. I have come full circle back to the sound that first inspired me. The message in this is to not put anyone's opinion in front of your own ears. One note: when you are trying out various amps, combo or head, try to use the same guitar and speaker cab. This will even the playing field.

Latest posts

Back