The F-100 could be I and my bands last and only amp!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerlord

Reaction score
Some of you might have noticed I traded my f-100 for a 2:100 a few days ago.We traded back and I couldn't be happier! HE hated the c ombo and I didn't gel with his, IMO the distortion with the f-100 and my 2101 is unbeatable! The bands opinion is that it could be the best tone they have heard! What a sleeper ,I can't believe these aren't used and revered more in the metal world. hal9000 has some beastly clips that have been around awhile ,hard to believe these haven't taken off .There's seems to be quite a following at the HC forum. Anyhow,just thought i'd give my f-100 it's props,it **** sure deserves the sleeper award of the decade! :D

I had my F-50 on the chopping block for a little while and after playing through it for the first time in a while this past weekend I'm glad nobody bought it.

They really are underrated.

:wink:

That's exactly my experience with my F-100.

It took me a while to "get" it.

I haven't played through one, but they must be a pretty good amp. I was at the local Mesa dealer yesterday, and they had one each DR, MK IV, ROV, LSS, LSC, but there were 3 F50s, a F50 head, a F100, and 2 F30s. Obviously they must move more of them than any other amp.

I was looking to sell my 2x12 F100 combo, but everytime I go back and play it I found new reasons not to sell it, so far is a very good amp and yes, I think is possibly a sleeper, i think is way more versatil than people think. So far I keeping mine for now.

I definitely looking to add an F Series to my collection next. The F-30 I jammed on a while back just blew me away, one of the few plug and play amps that has such a variety of tones available, I actually thought it was more playful and had more tone than the Maverick- and I LOVE the maverick.

I had a f50 halfstack all in purple bronco that i foolishly sold..out of the 11 mesas i have owned the f50 was by far the best..now all i have for mesas left is a rectoverb head. It is brand new and i hardly touch it..sounds just like my old rectifier, boring....

ToneAddictJon said:
I definitely looking to add an F Series to my collection next. The F-30 I jammed on a while back just blew me away, one of the few plug and play amps that has such a variety of tones available, I actually thought it was more playful and had more tone than the Maverick- and I LOVE the maverick.

That's pretty cool to hear. I know you really liked the maverick and I was very curious to hear the maverick when I first heard about them (from one of your posts). You can get an F30 for pretty cheap if you look hard enough. I've seen them for $500 - there's one on here for $520 shipped. I would have been on that one if I didn't already have one...

I saw that, and if I get the money before it sells I'll be all over it. I'm waiting for my singer to pay me for a Fender Hot Rod Deville I picked up for him, so it may be a while before I've got the cash. The Maverick is awesome, and its really really similar to the F30, other than the tube rectifier selection, and I think the F30 might have a bit more saturation. I'm up in the air about my quad as it is, so I may be getting rid of it (rack gear isn't the best for gigging), we'll see, but no matter what the F30 will be my next amp.

IMO the F series amps are very critical,a touch here or there on volume,gain,or bass and treble settings can offer up very noticable changes,add an eq or processor and it's clarity and power make most effects shine.There's only a few amps I'd compare this one too and one of them is the Mark III greeny,very sterile,very crisp and in need of EQ.But either way it serves up both actions with or without EQ or effects with a distinction all it's own,this is the first amp I've actually said I couldn't see myself without.I tested her out today on a Genz Benz 412 cab today and it might be the most aggressive I've heard it yet! :lol:

powerlord said:
IMO the F series amps are very critical,a touch here or there on volume,gain,or bass and treble settings can offer up very noticable changes,add an eq or processor and it's clarity and power make most effects shine.

So true. I made a video that demonstrates this description a few weeks ago:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=21810&highlight=

It seems the Roadster and Mark IV hog the spotlight while some of the seemingly meek amps go unnoticed by most. I have owned both a Mark IV and a Roadster and I like the F-30 just as much or maybe a tad more. It sounds like a mixture of a Mark and Recto and nails 'my tone' perfectly. And best of all it's PORTABLE!!

powerlord said:
Some of you might have noticed I traded my f-100 for a 2:100 a few days ago.We traded back and I couldn't be happier! HE hated the c ombo and I didn't gel with his, IMO the distortion with the f-100 and my 2101 is unbeatable! The bands opinion is that it could be the best tone they have heard! What a sleeper ,I can't believe these aren't used and revered more in the metal world. hal9000 has some beastly clips that have been around awhile ,hard to believe these haven't taken off .There's seems to be quite a following at the HC forum. Anyhow,just thought i'd give my f-100 it's props,it **** sure deserves the sleeper award of the decade! :D
Thanks for the compliment on my clips! :) I'm always happy to hear of a satisfied F-series owner.

I just added a Mesa 1-12 C90, 3/4 back Cab to my F-50 combo; which I've had almost 1 year. Never had a better sounding amp set up..My Gibson 335 & Fender deluxe Tele never sounded better..I first thought of buying the f 100, but this is ALL I need, Rich..:D

i enjoy my f-50 head BUT - im starting to notice some aspects of the distortion tone that im not liking. i may sell my f-50 head and buy a marshall dsl 50 head

i just want an organic, natural, heavy, punchy tube tone. i find the f-50 has a bit too much low end and has an odd voicing thats noticable during power chords more so than single note riffing.

Latest posts

Back