The cleans on a Roadster VS the cleans on a Lonestar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiteboarder

Reaction score
How would you guys compare the cleans on a Roadster vs the cleans on a Lonestar? I have a LS and I love the cleans, but I have never had the chance to play a Roadster. I presume the distortion channel on the Roadster is much better than that of the LS. Right?

Considering the Roadster's cleans are based on the Lonestar's cleans I'd say they sound ver very close. The distortion on the Roadster is based on a Dual Rectifier so of course the distortion will be like that of a Recto. I would say it is better than a LS for certain genres...

Oh, oh! Don't tell me that! You're telling me what I want to hear! And that's never good for my wallet!

I like the LS cleans, I don't think I can give it up! But if there is an amplifier that can provide those cleans, but chug away at punk and "lower hi-gain stuff" I might just be in for a treat! :mrgreen:

So... essentially a Roadster is a like a Dual Recto, but with a nicer clean channel? I need to take a Mesa Weekend. Yeah, and go out to every single shop I can find that sells Mesas and try out every single model I can find. That way I'll know what each one is all about. I don't know much about Marshall, and honestly, I don't care. But, I would like to learn as much as possible about the Boogies.

Kiteboarder said:
So... essentially a Roadster is a like a Dual Recto, but with a nicer clean channel?

Yes, but with 2 clean channels and 2 distortion channels. The clean channels can also handle your low-gain needs in tweed or british mode. The distortion channels can handle your mid to high gain tones with their raw, vintage, and modern modes. It's really a very versatile amp that lets you have 4 different tones (channels) on tap from one amp and it's all footswitchable.

As you stated, it's always a good idea to try out as many amps as possible before purchasing - if possible. I've bought several boogies without hearing them - Roadster, Stiletto Ace, F-30, and my DC-3. I had heard a Rectoverb and Mark IV in person before purchasing them. I've never been disappointed!

Just make sure you do your research and make an informed decision about why that particular amp is what you want/need (right now at least).

While the Roadster clean channels are based on the LS clean preamp circuit, i will say its not AS good as the LS. I do however think the cleans are fantastic and having them in a package with 2 stellar distortion channels makes for a great amp. I think the Roadster is more for the guy that wants the best of both worlds. So do they completely nail the LS? No but in the same ballpark. I think its a more than acceptable trade off for having that much versatility in one amp.

Well, I modded my LS with the Reeder mod and I'm liking the distortion channel now. No question about the clean channel as you all will agree. I'm going to keep using the LS with the mod for the next few months and see how it works out. But... I will most definitely keep an eye on the Roadster. Thanks.

-Danny

Kiteboarder said:
Well, I modded my LS with the Reeder mod and I'm liking the distortion channel now. No question about the clean channel as you all will agree. I'm going to keep using the LS with the mod for the next few months and see how it works out. But... I will most definitely keep an eye on the Roadster. Thanks.

-Danny

If your craving that Recto high gain sound try an MI Audio Tube Zone infront of your LS's clean channel.

Latest posts

Back