Thanks everybody!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vshine

Reaction score
I got my Solo 50 head last week and the power cord today. Been playing it for about 4 hours and I can't believe how many tones I've gotten so far.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who posts information and tips about settings and tubes. Believe me, I've read alot and learned even more.

Keep up the good work.

What kind of cabinet did you get for the Solo 50?

Don't forget to store some of your settings in the db. I received an email from someone who had placed their settings into the Recto db. There wife had gone into the music room to clean and managed to move all the settings while dusting. Because he stored the settings in the db it took all of 10 seconds to get his favorite tone back.

Ned

With limited funds left, I got a Legion Sound 2x12. For a less expesive cab, the Mesa sounds good through it even though the volume never goes past 8:00 oclock. I can't wait to hear it through a Hot Plate.

db is the abbreviation for decibels. A hotplate is a "power soak". It is a dummy speaker load that allows your tube amp to be played at extremely high volume settings on the amp itself, but the hotplate has an adjustment to lower the actual output to your speaker to less hearing damaging levels.

RB

Hey Jargaguy...I'm sorry. I didn't realize what you were talking about. I apologize for any confusion.

I hope the Hotplate info was helpful anyway.

(sheesh! Bad Red Barchetta, BAD!!!)

Now I'll go pay my pennance and listen to 8 hours of Yanni music.

RB

Latest posts

Back