tell me about EDWARDS LES PAULS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbomb

Reaction score
anyone know anything about them? i heard they are really nice ,anyone have one. are they easy to get? i know they come from Japan,i dont think you can get them here

I just got an Edwards John Sykes. I got a deal on it for $500. I'll say this - for the money, yes it's a nice guitar. Is it competitive with a Gibson? (I've owned 20+ les pauls) No. Not even close. I've had several Japanese copies, just to try them out and I have never really enjoyed them.

For lack of a better word the Japanese guitars I've had (Tokai, Orville, Edwards, Burny) have all felt "Plastic". The tone wasn't there and the finish always bugged me.

But, if you are on a budget and make sure you never spend too much time with a nice Gibson Les Paul - you'll probably be happy.

Best deal on the market. I have an Edwards ES-335 that's built with better materials (all solid woods) and more attention to detail than most Gibsons. Get one and you won't be sorry.

thanx guys. where is the best place to buy from,i did a web search for Edwards and got GUITARJAPAN.COM,do you know if they r cool to deal with? are they fast?

google katana guitars. If he doesn't have what you want ask for what you need. Go to http://espguitars.co.jp/edwards/index.html

rabies said:
fireface said:
I just got an Edwards John Sykes. I got a deal on it for $500. I'll say this - for the money, yes it's a nice guitar. Is it competitive with a Gibson? (I've owned 20+ les pauls) No. Not even close. I've had several Japanese copies, just to try them out and I have never really enjoyed them.

For lack of a better word the Japanese guitars I've had (Tokai, Orville, Edwards, Burny) have all felt "Plastic". The tone wasn't there and the finish always bugged me.

But, if you are on a budget and make sure you never spend too much time with a nice Gibson Les Paul - you'll probably be happy.

I have two Japanese electrics. Love em both. The Epi Elitist LP is definitely the real deal (bone nut, USA electronics, long tenon, etc.) read the reviews...

My Edwards is certainly no Gibson. Afer all, it's made out of all solid woods whereas Gibson semi-hollows are all have laminate (read plywood) bodies with the exception of the center block. While this has I believe always been the case at the Big G I really appreciate the fact that ESP went with solid woods on theirs. It's also got a long tenon, real bone nut, Duncans (jazz neck and custom 5 bridge). It plays and sounds great and looks beautiful as well. I could have paid 2.5 times more and gotten an ES-355 but I chose not to.

I picked up a used E-LP-90LTS CherryBurst for just a little over $600. OUTSTANDING Lester!

Humor , cough-cough, Rumor has it that the parts come from China, and they're assembled in Japan, that way they can say they're "MADE IN JAPAN"

And that's from a Japanese fellow on another forum...

I'm really interested in Japanese Gibson copies right now. Which of the makers (Edwards, Orville, Burny, Greco, Tokai) do you think is the most accurate towards a real Gibson? I'm leaning towards Orville, but only because it's actually just a Gibson made in Japan.

Back