Syrupy Mark tones from Rectoverb?!?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovebelly

Reaction score
Vintage mode seems best suited with T 11:30 M1:30 B 9:00 P 12:00 Gain 1:00
Less fizz and a touch of reverb helps as well... I recall the Tremoverb could mimic some IIC+ fatness in vintage mode...

I'm interested in those fusion type tones... Anyone pulling those out of a Recto at all?
The Maverick has those in spades, just lacking the edge of the Mark and Rectifier series.

I play mainly fusion with my Multi-Watt Recto and I'm very content with the results. There's just a minor catch in my case. I have slightly modified my Recto which boosts the mids and gives better attack. Similar results can be achieved without mods by subtly boosting mids (800-1000Hz region) and cutting lows in front of the amp. Depending on your guitar and pickups, you could do very well without any boost pedals in front. I use quite low output PAF59-type pickups so slight boost is nice in my case.

My approach is following: the guitar type and its settings plays very crucial role on the overall tone. If you want buttery fat tone, you should shave some highend off your guitar output signal. I use 250k volume and tone pots which helps with that. Then I cut some more highend by turning volume and tone pots just slightly down (You may start to see why I use boost...). After the signal is sufficiently flat, you can get the highend and mids again back on the amplifier without having nasty highend.

Vintage mode is what I use all the time. I like turning the bass all the way off as it gives rather vocal like quality to the tone and more immediate feel. I get all the fatness I need by using loads of mids and enough volume. You might like to use some bass depending on your cab though. I currently like to keep my treble quite low, mostly in 8:00-8:30 region. With treble set low, the highend is tailored mostly together with presence and mids.

Interesting, thanks for the reply... I think I'm starting down the right path then...
My guitar has separate T/B tone controls (G&L) and I have a few mid boost options on the pedal board
I will give it a try
What speakers are you using? Tube rectifier or diodes?

Just had a chance to try this...
ROV2 combo w/C90
Vintage mode
G 11:30
T 9:00
M 1:30
B 8:00
P 10:00
R +/-
Delay in loop
Barber Tone Press out front
Guitar T/B rolled just down and vol at 8.5