Suggestions for Tubes: 90's Dual Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jehu

Reaction score
ive never been SUPER picky about tubes before, but now that i own a 2 channel dual rec, i want it to sound as good as possible. right now i have mesa EL34's & it's not heavy enuf for me. it's just not grabbing me. but the tubes could be a year more, who knows.
that said i like the tone a lot of folks like kurt ballou & whatnot. superheavy & thick w/ out sacrificing too much clarity when individually picking notes.

any suggestions?!?

thanks.

the original str420's that 2channels used to have in them are very nice....they're discontinued though. you have tol look on ebay.

Or ask Boogiebabies very nicely where to get them. He knows where to get them though they are not "Mesa" screened.

Russ said:
Or ask Boogiebabies very nicely where to get them. He knows where to get them though they are not "Mesa" screened.

how bad are the implications of that?

That just means that they need to be screened to ensure proper operation prior to just putting them in your amp. If they are not screened you run the risk of damaging your amp. I do not know if his contact can screen them or not. I just know that he posted about it a while ago.

Latest posts

Back