Studio Preamp through Mackie Satellite and ConvolutionImp.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmassy

Reaction score
Hi!
This is my "brand new" Studio Preamp through an external audio interface, a Mackie Onyx Satellite.
The cab simulation is made trough convolution impulses, and the particular impulse for this sample, is coming from a Mesa Standard 4x12.

Using this impulses is the future of the recording, professional and home-made, you can play through a real preamp, preserving tone and great dynamics, and mimic an already well micked cab, avoiding all the problems that comes with micking.
Enojoy...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmnzthnyz2o/studiodirect.mp3

yes! ACOS nice playing.
i wouldn´t cut out the mids so much via the EQ-slider, a bit more would sound more natural.
anyway, cool sound.
i did the same recording order a few days ago. the studio pre is a killer amp and the mesa 4x12 impulse files are perfect for easy recording.

nice clip! those IRs are great, but I find myself dialing in more mids than usual with them.

Imassy, Great stuff!! 8)

I just started to get into these IR's, and can see and hear especially from your clips, the alternative to recording a loud Mic'ed amps at home. Keeps the wife happy too. :wink:

Are those the settings you used in the photo? How many tracks did you lay down and did you use more than 1 cab impulse?

Love to hear how you set everything up 'cause I thought your tone was excellant!

Thanks!
Axis

Latest posts

Back