Studio preamp I can hear a radio station through it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbsmusic

Reaction score
I can hear a radio station through my preamp, what would cause that and how do I get rid of it? I had a amp years ago that did this and I thought it was cool but now its not cool at all. Thank you.

gbsmusic said:
I can hear a radio station through my preamp, what would cause that and how do I get rid of it? I had a amp years ago that did this and I thought it was cool but now its not cool at all. Thank you.

Hey! It might make for a cool effect!
No not really... I'm not sure.
I've heard of it but, how to get rid of? Doon know.
Someone chime in?Help the guy out.
:?:

have you tried different cables? my old ada mp1 used to do this. turned out it was being picked up from one of the cheapo patch cables in my rack.

Greg, when did you pick up the Studio? I would also suggest checking cables and changing tubes. Did you pick it up from Dave? If you did get a hold of him because he just took it to inner sound a few months ago for a checkup.

A few different things can cause that.

Cheap instrument cables will do that. Also, if you have a cable coiled up, it will act as an anntena and amplify signals.

You could be picking it up through the power cord. Do you have a power conditioner?

Try moving the location of your amp. Sometimes they will pick up signals in certain areas, but not others.

I used to pick up a Christian radio station on my Dual. There's nothing weirder than chugging out some heavy as hell riffs, and when you stop you hear "Praise the Lord".

mikey383 said:
I used to pick up a Christian radio station on my Dual. There's nothing weirder than chugging out some heavy as hell riffs, and when you stop you hear "Praise the Lord".
Are you sure it was a radio station and not a voice from above commenting on your playing :wink: :D

PRS-Ian said:
mikey383 said:
Are you sure it was a radio station and not a voice from above commenting on your playing :wink: :D

:D Could have been....you just never know :lol:

Now that I think about it, I did have A LOT of fun in the late 80' early 90's, I guess the voices could be back.

Latest posts

Back