Studio Pre FX Loop barely audible? Help me solve!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrashman

Reaction score
So today i tried a delay pedal (MXR CarbonCopy) through the FX loop of my Studio Pre, and noticed that the repeats, even with the mix knob dimed, is barely audible, and it sounds "muffled" and "distorted", when you hear the repeats.

I tried to switch between "low" and "line" on the switch in the back but it only got lower on the line setting.

To see if the pedal was faulty i ran it in the front, and voila, it worked fine.

Now, i don't know what the solution would be for this, so can you help?

Easy things first...the master volume knob on the Studio Pre controls the level at the effects send. How high do you have it?

I have all my volume controls(volume, master, lead master) at about 7-8 or so(not o' clock)

Does that have something to do with it?

I use a Carbon Delay pedal with my Mark III and Studio Preamp rig with no issues. I know that on the Mark III, the input volume and lead master both effect the send level. I keep the input knob at 7 and the lead master at 5-6, and this actually boosts my signal a bit when I hit the pedal. I haven't tested this fully with the Studio preamp, but I have used it with the delay pedal with no issues.

You could try putting the pedal in between the preamp and poweramp instead of going through the Studio's loop if you can't get it louder by tweaking the knobs.

Plug the main out of the Studio into the pedal, then the pedal into the power amp instead of using the Studio Pre's loop.

Sorry, I know this is a really old post.

I had intermittent contact in my FX snd jack, and found that the wire had never been soldered. It is a stiff solid-core wire, so it held it's shape and pushed against the connector, but over time quit. I soldered it and it's A-OK. That is the pitfall of hand-built stuff.

Back