Studio pre clip.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottywompas

Reaction score
Check out the these clips. Most of the lead stuff was done with my old Studio pre. I used it for 15 years before getting rid of the rack in favour of a MKIV combo.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=507511

Enjoy

hey scotty I own a studio pre too and I've been waiting for a long time for someone posting some clips here! What was your setup (poweramp, cabinet, mics)? I play my studio pre through the power section of a Randall G3 100 mosfet combo and the tone i get is sooo fat, thick and smooth. Maybe i prefer fatter sounding lead tones, while yours seemed to me a bit more "crunchier" and aggressive.
I have to say i really liked your tone and i enjoyed very much your compositions, specially the lighter songs!

good playing, i liked the tunes pretty well. the tone was pretty good....did you run the sound direct to your recorder or mic it?

Thanks, I'm gald you liked them.

I had a various combinations of the studio pre running through an ADA microtube100 into a 2x12 withEV's mic'd with an SM58 and the pre running direct into the BR1180 using a 4x12 cab sim.

The lead parts on "insomnia" are all direct throught the cab sim.

I really miss that studio pre but the MKIV is absolutely rockin.

Scott

scottywompas said:
Thanks, I'm gald you liked them.

I had a various combinations of the studio pre running through an ADA microtube100 into a 2x12 withEV's mic'd with an SM58 and the pre running direct into the BR1180 using a 4x12 cab sim.

The lead parts on "insomnia" are all direct throught the cab sim.

I really miss that studio pre but the MKIV is absolutely rockin.

Scott

I agree, on insomnia , i don't like that direct tone for the rhythm.

Latest posts

Back