Studio Caliber DC-2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeBs

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got a Studio Caliber DC-2 as my fist Mesa. I am over the moon with it, but have not been able to find a manual or any specifics on the contour switch. Any leads on a manual would be apprecisted.

Also when I put a line 6 PODX3 Live into the effects loop then I get no output from the POD, the mixer just acts as a volume control any clues as to what I am doing wrong would be appeciated. It works fine when put between the amp and the guitar??

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Studio%20Cal%20DC-2.pdf

Welcome to the board - Congrats! The DC-2 is a great little amp!

Thanks for the reply and the link to the manual.

I have found it useful, but does not have the bit about the 'Contour' function on the Rhythm/Lead switch. Is there such a thing as a specific manual for the DC-2?

The Contour function is basically the "Classic V" shape on the Graphic EQ that all of the DC-2's big brothers have.
It only works on the dirty channel.

It wasn't on the earliest versions of the 2, so they may not have ever updated the manual.

Thanks again for the info,

Can I assume that when I get hold of a footswitch then if I have the front panel channel switch on 'Rhythm' or 'Lead' then my footswitch will change between the two, but if I have the channel switch on 'Contour' then my footswitch will take the amp between 'Rhythm' and 'Contour'.

MikeBs said:
Thanks again for the info,

Can I assume that when I get hold of a footswitch then if I have the front panel channel switch on 'Rhythm' or 'Lead' then my footswitch will change between the two, but if I have the channel switch on 'Contour' then my footswitch will take the amp between 'Rhythm' and 'Contour'.

If you can find an original two button footswitch you can change the channels and the contour independently. Another footswich might work but the one from M/B has a light on the channel switch.

Monsta-Tone said:
It wasn't on the earliest versions of the 2, so they may not have ever updated the manual.

FYI -

The original Pre-Contour versions were labeled "Studio Caliber" under the power switch whereas the Contour amps are labeled "Studio Caliber DC-2"

Like everything with M/B there are probably some exceptions out there. For the most part this is true.

GD_NC said:
Monsta-Tone said:

FYI -

The original Pre-Contour versions were labeled "Studio Caliber" under the power switch whereas the Contour amps are labeled "Studio Caliber DC-2"

Like everything with M/B there are probably some exceptions out there. For the most part this is true.

I am looking at the schematic for my "Studio Caliber" (has no contour control) and there is only one schematic for this amp, which doesn't show any contour control. Maybe the DC-2 has a different schematic, but I can't confirm that.

Well, I opened it up (still working on it) and can see that the PCB reads "MESA DC 2B" and has a "1993"

Andy

sent a PM but not sure that is got sent, so emialed as well

Many thanks
Mike

Andy,

Got the drawings, I can make a footswitch with the info.

I am very impressed with this site. I only bought the amp last week joined the site yesterday and I now have a manual and schematic. The amp is the business, going from a line 6 digital to a full valve amp I find it so much more responsive and the sounds are awsome.

I just need to learn how to play and I will be sorted. Has anybody got a schematic for Joe Bonamassa? If I could make something that got me to play like him then I would be a happy man.

Many thanks
Mike

MikeBs,

I don't think the schematic shows what you need to know for the foot switch. The info that you need is that you need to wire the channel switching circuit very particularly: It needs to have a 3.3k resistor (not sure of the importance of value) between the cathode of the LED and the tip contact of jack. I imagine the contour function is the same, but I can't remember. I've built a few of those yearsssss ago!

And about the POD, make sure you're using the correct ins/outs on the POD, beyond that I don't know.

Latest posts

Back