Studio 22+ Tech Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeit

Reaction score
New owner of a used 22+ Sounds wonderful but I (may) have a problem - I notice when I switch channels from lead to rhythm, I get sort of a 'bloom' or volume spike and it sounds like the reverb kicks in 100% - Only lasts a fraction of a second, but it is annoying and don't know if it's normal - Happens even if the reverb dial is at zero - It does not happen going from rhythm to lead - Can anyone tell me if this is 'normal' or should I have it checked out? S/N is FP23791 - (anyone know how to date it from that?)

Thanks,

Bob

The way the 22+ is made, its difficult to get a good volume mix between the rhythm and lead channels for switching since they both share the same initial volume (gain) control.

I had the main volume up about 6, the overall master at 4 and the lead master set to 0 (yes, you still get a loud searing lead that way and the volume mix between channels is close) - When the lead master is at 0 (zero) you get the volume spike I describe. As you increase the lead master anywhere above zero (which is where I would expect the good folks at mesa boogie to have anticipated it to be), the volume spike from switching between channels goes away.

I guess its no big deal - Each channel is distinct and sounds excellent and I can use my guitar volume pot to adjust to volume differences between channels.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Bob

To help with your second question, you'll have to remove the chassis from the cab. There will be "sharpie" pen dates written on the circuit board.

Hello !

I need a little help here !

I want to know what is the power consumption in WATTS, for a Mesa Boogie Studio .22 . I'm waiting for an amp like this to arrive from the USA in few days and I need to know thsi detail in order to buy for the amp a power suplier from 220V - to 110V !!!

THANKS A LOT !!! Marcian - from Romania

Latest posts

Back