Studio 22 footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatDamnSG

Reaction score
I picked up a used 1985 Studio 22 combo a while ago but it didn't have the footswitch. I'd really like to hear what the 2nd channel sounds like of course but not sure what footswitch will work other than a Mesa one. Will any generic single button switch work?

You can pick these foot switches up regularly on e bay until then however if you insert a cable into the foot switch jack and then touch this against one of the metal handle holders this will short the foot switch mechanism and as long as the tip is in contact the second channel will be active!Don,t worry this will cause no harm to your amp and is in fact recomended in the manual for if you loose the foot switch.

Hmmm....I tried the shorting method, didn't work for me. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with this amp or the jack. I also tried a single button switch from a Fender amp and it didn't do anything either.

I,ve owned 2 studio 22+,s and currently own a.50 caliber and the shorting method definately works although i cannot vouch for if any generic foot switch will also activate the lead channel. If you google the user manual you can double check you are doing the trip method correctly if not i suggest trying to get the proper mesa foot switch.If all this fails it sounds like a trip to your local amp guru....good luck!

Back