Studio .22+ channel switch pedal controlling external EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heka313

Reaction score
I have Studio .22+ without EQ, so I've been using EQ pedal in the FX loop. The problem is that if I adjust the parameters to work with lead channel, it messes up the clean channel a bit. Now I'm planning to integrate the channel switching pedal to one of my A/B-loop pedals, so that I can decide whether certain loop (i.e. w/EQ) is on with lead or with clean channel. To keep the possibilities open, I'm also about to add two extra switches to have the following options:

- switch 1: with this I can decide which channel mode has the actual loop circuit active:
I: clean = loop off + lead = loop on
II: clean = loop on + lead = loop of

- switch 2: three different modes:
I: loop always off
II: loop off/on according to the foot switch
III: loop always on

- foot switch: changes the amp channel + and loop on/off (depending switch 2 position)

The plan is that I will keep the settings so that with clean channel the signal does not go trough loop and when I change to lead channel the loop (=EQ) becomes active (switch 1: I and switch 2: II).

With switch 2 I could keep loop always active (or inactive) with both channels, or if I want to have for example chorus only with clean channel (although then I cannot use EQ the way I wanted), I could alter that with switch 1.

Anyone tried similar mods with .22+? Like I said I'm just planning this at the moment, and now I'm wondering if I really need those extra switches (=> more work), because without those it already would do want I need now...

GD_NC said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, buy why don't you just get a footswitchable EQ?

I'm actually using EQ pedal, but it's annoying to always press two different (channel switching pedal and EQ pedal) buttons when changing between lead and clean, and especially when performing live it would be nice to use only one. Those extra mods just came in to my mind when I was wondering the setup...

Well, I did the simple version and took the electronics of the Mesa footswitch and included them into one of my loop pedals, the whole procedure took about ten minutes. After few gigs I'm pleased about the results, I can adjust the normal EQ knobs for the clean channel, and for lead sound I can do some adjustments with extra EQ (pretty much similar to "V" in GEQ), and I only need to use one schannel switch. Nice...

Latest posts

Back