Stilletto @ GC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brent

Reaction score
I'll be taking my Deuce back to GC in the next couple days
Just a heads up that they will have one available

I actually really liked the amp but it's territory I have covered with my THD Flexi, Plexi and 5150.

One thing not regularly mentioned about the Stiletto is that it actually cleans up pretty good on the Crunch and Tite with the guitar volume knob, not usually a Boogie trait.

Thanks for the heads-up. Is the Stiletto functioning perfectly, as far as you can tell?

iansblues said:
Thanks for the heads-up. Is the Stiletto functioning perfectly, as far as you can tell?

It's perfect, just missing the cover which wasn't with it when I got it.

I pulled the tube garters off and ran it for probably 8 hours max, mainly A/bing it with my other amps so it was light use, certainly will be in better shape than a store floor model.

I've gone back and forth on taking it back for the last week, but fact is I have other amps that will basically do what it does

I ended up putting my Trident on ebay. I couldn't bring it back to GC since I mailed in the warranty card.

BTW, I'm offering free shipping in the continental US if you use Buy It Now. Mine was sealed when I got it so it's absolutely flawless. Way better than the floor models at GC.

I don't think I've ever owned an amp that has made me 100% happy. But I do think it's an excellent amp. If you're trying to convince yourself that the mod you had done is the only way the amp can be "saved", knock yourself out. I'm satisfied with it the way it is.

So satisfied that you've decided to sell it. :p I'm telling you, get the HW mod. You'll take it right off of ebay.

Took my Deuce back too, just couldn't do what it was supposed to for my tastes.

Much happier with my Orange now :)

Platypus said:

I have a Rockerverb50 combo I'm pretty pleased with, but Marshall-y it ain't

Took mine back as well. Love it until I got to band practice. Even the 150 watt Trident sounded thin...and I really tried to love this amp.

brent said:
Platypus said:

I have a Rockerverb50 combo I'm pretty pleased with, but Marshall-y it ain't

Agreed, Orange is its own thing entirely.

jackieTHEjokeman said:
I don't think I've ever owned an amp that has made me 100% happy. But I do think it's an excellent amp. If you're trying to convince yourself that the mod you had done is the only way the amp can be "saved", knock yourself out. I'm satisfied with it the way it is.

So satisfied that you've decided to sell it. :p I'm telling you, get the HW mod. You'll take it right off of ebay.

Can't help being a wise @$$? I'm selling it because I've decided to look at a Bogner and Diezel before I order a Road King. It's a nice amp without the mod. And how can you be sure someone would prefer the mod over the original?

^^ Because the mod fixes the worst setting, FLUID DRIVE. You have to admit that the FLUID DRIVE is near useless. Also, it makes the TITE GAIN setting crunchier and with more gain. Who wouldn't want that? The mod didn't touch anything else. Just freaking agree with me for god's sake. 8)

CudBucket said:
jackieTHEjokeman said:

Can't help being a wise @$$? I'm selling it because I've decided to look at a Bogner and Diezel before I order a Road King. It's a nice amp without the mod. And how can you be sure someone would prefer the mod over the original?

Hey let me know how that Diezel works out for you, I'm intensely curious how they sound :)

well,been playing mine for a few weeks now and must say im very impresedwith this amp.i think its voiced wonderfully and kicks most marshalls in the old well....you know.as far as gain,i think mesa did over hype this amp as a gain monster which it is not,but with a good ol tubescreamer or like wise front end boost,this amp kicks!!! and kick off the pedal,back off the guitars volume and it cleans up great !! i use a cheap *** behringer vint. tube overdrive pedal to boost the front(sounds just like my 808) and a digitech tsr 12 in the loop for verbs.delays,choruses and eq.again this amp was i think made to compete with plexi type heads but was not advertised the right way in my oppinion.you guys try the boost before shipping off for the mod.it may well suit your purpose.and as for the fluid drive,i dont even use it,butr when i do play with it i add more treble and a bit more mids as the manual advises and this seems to help.this is for me a keeper.

jackieTHEjokeman said:
^^ Because the mod fixes the worst setting, FLUID DRIVE. You have to admit that the FLUID DRIVE is near useless. Also, it makes the TITE GAIN setting crunchier and with more gain. Who wouldn't want that? The mod didn't touch anything else. Just freaking agree with me for god's sake. 8)

I can't agree with you because you're making statements that I don't agree with. I don't think the Fluid Drive is useless. I like that mode best. Plus, I always have problems with people who say: I hate this amp. But now that I've had a couple of capacitors and resistors, it's the Holy Grail. You sound like you're trying to convince yourself that you like the amp now. Remember, you even said that at $900, the Stiletto wasn't worth it. Mods are minor adjustments at best. It's not a rebuild of the **** thing.

Latest posts

Back