Stiletto with a Thiele cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jak0lantern01

Reaction score
Anyone try this or have any thoughts? I just grabbed a Zakk Wylde speaker from Ebay and need a cab for it. I plan on picking up a Stiletto (hopefully sooner rather than later). I'm aware that a lot of MkIV users worship them, but what about using it with the Stiletto?

those cabs tip cows man!! they rock!! I am sure they will work well with what ever you have. speaker has a lot to do with the tone also I dont have a clue about a zak wild speaker.

It's essentially an EVM 12L made for Wylde that can handle 300W plus some other enhancements.

Im having a real tough time getting great results with that combo.

the EV really is a speaker that claims to be pushed hard. with the Mk series this isnt a problem at all, since you can get usable gain from the preamp itself, but with the Stiletto is a whole other world. the way it was designed you have to make a combination of both power and pre amp distortion. the EL 34s have a huge part on this, they're the type of tubes that color your sound, whereas the 6l6s are "cleaner" tubes.

having said that, imho the Stiletto with the thiele only works good after you set your masters at noon-1 o'clock and this can be VERY loud even for live applications (trust me, the sound guy will cut you out in a beat, unless you're playing huge venues, for like +3000 people). but have to be honest, it sounds DELICIOUS that way :twisted:

For clubs, pubs, bars, house etc a lower wattage speaker will work better with the stiletto, imo. when the speaker also became part of your sound and breaks up earlier.

my 0.02 :)

I agree with you Vigo. I love my F-30 through my Thiele and I often get asked to turn that down by my soundman. A thing I've found with the Thiele cab is that it takes to different speakers well. I've gotten some good sounds with a Greenback, V30, and a few different Weber speakers. But the EV is really impressive and probably the "biggest" sounding of them all.

Latest posts

Back